I got tagged by Jenn, so here goes . . .
1. Typically, what time do you wake up? On a good day, 8:00 a.m.
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? 8:30 p.m.
3. How long have you been a mommy? 6 yrs, almost - on June 11th.
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 24
5. What is your favorite kids T.V show? Backyardigans
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? Any show that displays a lot of fighting. Almost all shows on Cartoon Network. We don't watch that channel.
7. What is your favorite chore? No Chores.
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? BBQ/Grill
9. What meal do you cook most often? Tacos
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Elise, ribs. Andrew, anything & Matthew, anything. Mac n Cheese, Dinonuggets.
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Playing with them and reading to them.
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you’re being a mom?
1. When they read to each other.
2. When they are playing with each other nicely-- not fighting.
3. Learning to talk - saying cute things, mixing up words and nouns and verbs!
4. Kisses
5. "I wuv you, Mommy!"
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? Travel the world together. They do love Disneyland and the Beach though!
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? Almost every weekend. But, I am leaving the kids with Ben this whole weekend while I go on a Mother's Day trip with my mom and sisters! Fun, Fun!
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids? Going to the park, walks, reading together, visiting cool museums.
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother? I can't think of one particular saying; however, I did tell myself I wouldn't scream and I have failed miserably in that respect! One of my friend's mom never ever raised her voice to her 10 kids. Unbelievable! Amazing! Kudos to her!
17. Name one thing you do, that your own mom did? Read. Laugh with each other. Talk.
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? She is generous and loving. And, very organized.
19. What is your favorite kids book? Hmmm... so many, Guess How Much I Love You, Where the Wild Things Are, Dr Seuss, too many to count.
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Get sleep whenever you can. My 1st didn't take naps well nor did she sleep good at night. I always picked her up when she cried because I couldn't handle it. But I was one very tired mommy. My sister told me many times, just let her cry. She'll go back to sleep. I never followed it with #1, but I did with #2 and #3, and it works. Both my boys are better sleepers than my daughter is. Even now and she's nearly 6.
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? When my daughter said, after her friends left the park without her, "everyone hates me!" And, when she told me she was stupid because she was having a hard time with reading. I told her she wasn't stupid. She just can't be because she has a smart mom! And, she's just like me! And, I told her she just needed to practice more. She's really doing well now!
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? All the moments - even when they fight. I had a hard time dealing with motherhood at first but I had an epiphony once while watching conference several years ago and I realized how wonderful and lucky and blessed I am.
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”? Just barely
24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids? Andrew tells me all the time. Elise said it last night just before bed. She said, "I love you. I'll see you in the morning!"
I am going to tag any Mom who wants to be tagged!
3 comments:
I hate the Cartoon Network too. They are awful.
I hate to admit it but I think it is adorable when they say words incorrectly. I don't let on but it melts me inside.
Thanks for humoring me:) The only show we watch on the cartoon network is tom and jerry. Dalton is addicted. The rest of them are crazy!
sweet!!
Post a Comment