Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Fun with Grandma

Grandma came up to visit us this weekend because our Uncle Jeff is in town too! So, we part-ayed!

Friday we went to the Bean Museum at BYU. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so we have no pics of this expedition. The kids LOVED the museum. It is a pretty cool place. They have lots of lions and bears and all kinds of cool animals. Matthew kept pointing and saying, "whoah!"

Saturday, we first went to Lowe's and that was not fun, then mom and I took the kids out to lunch at Macaroni Grill! They were pretty good, all things considering. We kept them at bay, mostly because we used the zoo as a bargaining chip.

After that, we drove up to Hogle Zoo and spent about an hour and a half there. Perfect time, really. I have an annual pass to the zoo so we don't need to go and spend all day there. Ben broke our double stroller by trying to pop a wheely with it a few months back and the kids broke our umbrella stroller playing at the park, so we went WITHOUT a stroller! We opted not to rent one too because we were only planning to be there for an hour. Matthew was our best trooper and he's the smallest. The zoo is very hilly and he walked almost the entire time! Andrew and Elise pooped out on us at the very end when we made our trek up a giant hill to the entrance. The kids were so tired! It was great! Matthew went straight to sleep in the car!

Sat night, Mom, Jeff and I went to dinner at this new Irish restaurant, then we went to the movie. We saw Nim's Island. Great film! It was not what I had pictured it would be. I liked it better than I thought I would.

And, finally, Sunday, mom went to church with me to help me in sacrament since Ben was still out of town.

We had a great time! I wish I lived closer to my whole family so we could do more fun things together.





Me and the kiddies at the Rhino exhibit



Grams and Matthew checking out the cougar!



At the Elephant exhibit!



The Elephant -- They were roaming all around in their exhibit area. This one went to the pond and drank some water. It was cool to see it suck up the water with its trunk and driink!



Kids at the Elephant exhibit



Elise & Grams at Macaroni Grill


Our Sweet Elise. She was so happy this weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cute pictures. It makes me miss my mom. Your daughter is so cute. That face. I would love to see more pics of your kids.

Nicole said...

What a fun weekend with family!! Your kids look so cute in the zoo pictures, I can't wait to go, another place we should go together, now that I am feeling better!! We have a season pass. It expires in July though. Talk to you soon!

Jason & Claire said...

What a great post! It made me miss your mom too. She's such a neat lady. Your kids are lucky to have such a great grandma. The picture of Elise is great.