Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Snow Day!

Yes, you read that correctly, we had another "SNOW DAY!" It's April 24th and we're still snowing. WHAH! I'm gonna SCREAM! HAHA!

On a good note, Ben is HOME! WHAHOO! He came home last night! And, he's never leaving again! Well, I guess I should never say never; however, he won't be leaving any time soon.

In fact, we are changing career paths. We have reached a crossroads in our lives and have decided that for the next 20 years or more, we do not want to be living the way we're living! Having Ben travelling all over the world and never spending time with his family.

Today was wonderful! I went to teach at SLCC this morning and I came home to a clean house. According to Ben, he loaded the dishwasher 3 times (it didn't seem like there that many dishes!) and he has done more than 4 loads of laundry. He made our bed, picked up our room and the living room - made the kids clean! And, when I got home, he put me to work in the storage room. We cleaned it out and it's so pretty now! I actually wanted to sit down in there. I could breath! Now, we have a huge pile of garbage and DI stuff. Ben will make a trip to the dump some time this weekend. YAY! Oh, and I forgot to mention, he made me breakfast and lunch and he's making dinner right now.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

YEah, this is such great news!! I am thrilled for your career change and that Ben will be home a lot more now. This is wonderful. Now we can go play lazer tag (if I EVER feel better).

Jason & Claire said...

I am happy for you. It will be wonderful for you to have your hubby home more. Sometimes it is nice to take a new path and kind of start with a clean slate in life. Clean slate and a clean house!

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

Even though it was a snow day at least it sounds like a very good one! Such a sweet husband too for helping you clean and get so much done! What is the new career plan? Enjoy having your hubby home!!

Mubeen said...

Did I seriously miss snow by ONE day?! Grrrrr!!

Awesome that Ben will be home! Yay for your family!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy for you. I know you will be blessed. Its so important to have your other half as much as possible right!