Monday, April 7, 2008

Boys!

WHAH! Sometimes I wonder what planet boys come from! I guess, according to that one book, they come from Mars.

Here are just a few of the things I caught my boys doing today - well, mostly one.

I walked into the bathroom to check on son #1 and found him standing up with a cup between his legs.

I said, "What are you doing?"

He replied, "I'm peeing in a cup!"

I then explained to him that we don't pee in cups, we pee in toilets! Then, I took the cup from him and almost gagged while I dumped his pee in the toilet. And told him how gross it is and that the cup is disgusting now! What am I gonna do with that boy?!

Next, I was in the kitchen, doing dishes, and the boys were in the living room being oh so quiet. I went in to check on them and found a heap of Lucky Charms dumped on the fireplace and my boys driving their cars through it.

Again, "What are you doing?"

Boy #1: "We're making mountains, mom!"

Me: "#1, we don't dump out cereal on the fireplace and carpet and #2, we don't make mountains out of cereal! Clean up the cereal!"

WHAH! Some days I feel like I'm going mad! I know, making cereal mountains does sound kinda fun and I don't really blame them for it, but it makes MESSES!

And, what is it about boys and fighting?! They fight almost as much as they love! And Boy #1 is such a teaser! He teases the girl and boy #2. Today has been one of those days!

Calgon, take me away!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

So it doesn't get better when you have more than one?? Ha Ha Ha! I am getting a little scared for our Matthew to grow up and join Dalton. Boys are SO different than girls. The worst part is, my 33 year old would do any of the same things:)!!!

Jason & Claire said...

Seriously, I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one with boys that do crazy things. It seems like the experiments are endless! I don't know how they think these things up.

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

amen! and I now have 3!! Heaven help us!

BallerinaBiker said...

Congrats on #3! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the boy thing. I have to say though, they make the best memories and laugh out loud later moments. I just don't know what I would do all day if I didn't have two boys plotting ways to keep me busy.