Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stargirl



Has anyone read Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli yet? I daresay that this is now one of my favorite books. Every teenager should read this! I love Stargirl! I wish I was more like her.

I just finished Love, Stargirl and I was told from one person that it wasn't that great, but I enjoyed it almost as much as the first. It did take me longer to get into and to finish; however, it was still delightful and inspiring. It's all I can think about, really. Stargirl makes me want to find my own Enchanted place. And wouldn't it be cool to create your own sundial like Stargirl and invite everyone you know to a Winter Solstice celebration?

Stargirl is genuine. She is thoughtful and considerate. She's magical.

4 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Thanks! I always read the books you suggest. I am excited to read this one.

I love your music!

BallerinaBiker said...

That makes me feel so loved that you take my recommendations! I recommended Twilight to several people before the "craze" and noone would read it. Then, someone else recommended them and they read them and loved them. boo hoo! : )

Emily Leininger said...

I'll have to get it after I'm done with Glass Castle. Have you read that? It's crazy. Nonfiction. I'll have to tell you about it next time we talk...

Connie said...

I'm going to pick it up next time I get to the library- thanks!