Monday, May 5, 2008

Mother's Day Get Away

I had an absolutely lovely weekend! I spent it with my mom and sisters in LA! We actually stayed in Anaheim area because my sister's hubby took their daughter to Disneyland for her birthday at the same time.

Anyway, Mom, Reb & I explored Newport Beach area. Rebekah was our guide and we were sorry for it because she's terrible with directions! My mom knows her way around but for some reason kept relying on Reb! After we got lost several times and went down some crazy streets, Mom got us back on track! We had a nice lunch and looked for the Newport Temple.

My photography skills are not the best, but here is one pic I took. We thought we might go to a session, but didn't go because both my mom and I forgot our recommends. Which reminds me, I need to look in my bag to see if it's in there. I usually keep it in my wallet and it's missing! Yikes!


On Friday night, we went to Hollywood to see Wicked at the Pantages Theater. It was AWESOME! Loved it! Recommend it to everyone! It's coming to SLC next! But Hollywood is probably funner to go to. We saw Billy Joel and Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's Stars. Pretty Cool. The gal who played Glinda was hilarious! And, I loved Elphaba too!

Traffic was horrendous and I drove! Yikes! We left at about 6p.m. from our hotel and didn't make it to the Theater until like 8:01p just as the lights were dimming. In my big SUV, I was weaving through traffic and pretending I was just another crazy California driver! We made it safe and sound, thankfully. I nearly closed my eyes several times as I moved into a bumper to bumper lane, hoping I wouldn't get hit, but bracing myself in case I did get hit!

Here is a picture of the theater. We were too late to take any pics of us in front of it on the way in. And it was too crowded on the way out!


Alas, here is a picture of my mom, my sister, Leanna and my sister, Rebekah. Rebekah's daughter, MaKenna, was also with us. She's in the middle and she's the one who got to go to Disneyland! This is us at Huntington Beach. We had breakfast at the beach at a really yummy restaurant/cafe called The Sugar House. Delicious, Cheap and Fast! If you go to Huntington, eat there. It's on the main street that lines up with the pier.



So, that was my weekend! Ben did great with the kids! He even went to sacrament alone with them, can you believe it?! I'm so impressed!

One more thing, we missed our other sister, Kim, terribly. Next time, she better come too! It's just NOT the same without her! Love you, Kimmi! And, she must bring Kali too!

9 comments:

Connie said...

I am jealous! I would love to see Wicked- and the Newport Beach temple. I grew up in that area (till I was 10). Looks like fun!

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

How fun to have a girls weekend!! And create those special memories with your mom and sisters!

Jason & Claire said...

How awesome is that! I am glad you had such a great weekend. My niece got sealed in the Newport Beach Temple. It is really pretty. It is so neat to see the pictures of your mom and sisters with you.

Mubeen said...

Aw, yay for you guys!! I'm sure Kim was so sad she couldn't be a part of it! You guys are all so blessed to have one another.

Nicole said...

I am so jealous!! You are one lucky girl. I was just telling Jeff my ideal Mothers day would be spending it with my Mom & sisters just doing things we love for the day together. You lucky girl, and what a cute family!!

Trenda said...

I'm glad you were able to get away for a few days! We will be heading to California in 1 1/2 weeks for Craig's graduation! Yay!

Jenn said...

That looks like an awesome little trip! I am glad that you had fun!

Emily Leininger said...

Fun!

Jena said...

so jealous .... I really want to see wicked!