Friday, May 16, 2008

A New Favorite Movie

Ok, so maybe not my favorite, but it definitely makes my TOP 10 all-time favorite movies! Love, love, loved it!



Now, I'm dying to read the book! North & South is written by Elizabeth Gaskell, a Victorian author. Published in 1855.

Here is a brief synopsis of the plot I found on wikipedia.

North and South follows the story of Margaret Hale, a young woman from Southern England who has to move to the North after her father leaves the clergy. The family struggles to adjust itself to the industrial town's customs, especially after meeting the Thorntons, a proud family of cotton mill owners who seem to despise their social inferiors. The story explores the issue of class and gender, as Margaret's sympathy for the town mill workers conflict with her growing attraction to John Thornton.

WHAH! I just love this movie! If you haven't seen it or read the book, get it (them) and watch/read!

7 comments:

Emily Leininger said...

No way! I just read that book last month! I didn't know it's a movie. I'm going to block buster tomorrow.

PS I wish you were here. I just made a valance... I need some advice.

Connie said...

I just watched this a while back too and I also loved it! I want to read the book now, but I am already trying to find time to read The Host!

Diane Owen said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I am always looking for good movies to watch. I'm sort of an obsessive movie watcher sometimes...

Jason & Claire said...

My mom is OBSESSED with this movie/book. I can't blame her. I've watched/read them and I thought I was the only person in the US that had done so. I was so surprised to see this on your blog. I love it.

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

can't wait! I love Elizabeth Gaskill's Cranford and Wives and Daughters.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for sharing now I'm going to have to squeeze some more time to read it. I usually like to read the books first if I can.

Kristi & Phil said...

Cute Blog...Did the title of your blog come from the movie...oh, that is one of my all-time fav! I'l have to watch this one!