Sunday, February 3, 2008

Weekend of Bliss

Ben flew in late Thursday night and it was so nice to have him home this weekend! The kids freaked out on Friday morning when they woke up to Ben making breakfast! For the most part of the morning he just played with them which was very nice! I forget what it's like to have a husband!

I was able to go to the DMV and get my drivers license renewed! Yes, I've been driving since September with an expired license! And, can I tell you one reason why I love Utah?! I did not have to take any tests or pay any fines for an expired license! All I had to do is pay the regular old $25 license renewal fee! HA!

And I was able to go to Tai Pan. I just love this store! It has the best decorating stuff. Here is a pic of my new wreath for V-day! I need to center it a little better on my door, I think!




In addition to having Ben here, my mom and brother, Jeff, were also in town. We went to dinner and lunch with them. And, later, mom watched the kids while Ben and I went to a movie. What a sweetie!
Saturday mom went back home since we were expecting a major snow storm on Sunday. Good thing she did 'cause we woke up this morning to about 9 inches of snow! In some areas where the snow drifted, we had close to a foot and a half! Ben went out to shovel this morning before stake conference. What a stud! While he was shoveling away our neighbor attempted to drive her Altima in the knee deep snow to church! She got stuck half-way out of her drive!!! Ben pushed her back onto her drive and offered to take her with us.






While at church, we found out our wards split! Hallelujah! What a wonderful day!

It was so great until we drove into our neighborhood! The snowplows came through and pushed the snow right in the way of all our drives - about 4 feet of snow! Ben went for it and drove the Yukon right over the mountain! And, our sweet neighbor cheered him on! It was rather funny.

With only about an hour to spare before we had to take Ben to the airport, we were sad as we thought we'd have to spend all of our time shoveling the drive. But, to our surpirse, a little savior driving a 4-wheeler with a snowplow attached came by and re-shoveled our drive! Oh, Happy Day!


Later on tonight, Jeff came over again for dinner. It's always nice to have him over! The kids ADORE him! Of course, he spoils them a little too. He always comes bearing gifts! The boys got some new Hot Wheels cars and Elise got a Barbie watch and I got chocolate! He knows me well, doesn't he?! : )

All in all, it has been a delightful weekend!

7 comments:

Mubeen said...

How fun! I'm so glad you got to spend time with Ben, Jeff and Sandee. I love your wreath!! I can't wait to have a house so I can do fun stuff like that!!! You know, as much work as it seems like, I kinda miss the snow! We are planning to go to Utah for Thanksgiving this year and I reallllllly hope it snows so Madyson can play in it!!

Mubeen said...

OH! ....and Zayn too!!! (I gotta get used to just saying "the kids!")

CKB said...

So, in our family Stake Conference basically means we don't have church that day. What is up with the ward split? Do we still go to our ward house? And what time is church for us now? Also, where did they split us?

Jason & Claire said...

I am so glad you had a husband this weekend! It sounds like you had a great time with the family.

PS- I'm jealous, I wish they would split our ward.

Anonymous said...

I can understand the need for time with husband. So nice that you had a date. I tried to get to the temple with mine today, but could never find a sitter and now my boys are sick. So we took them for a long scenic drive in the mountains. It was still nice to have a conversation with very little interuption. I am so happy for you.
P.S. That is a lot of snow!!

Emily Leininger said...

perfect timing for the snow! Ben was right there to shovel.

Nicole said...

Yeah, I am so glad Ben was in town! It is so hard having him away I am sure. I am glad you guys had some fun time together, and he got to shovel the walk, especially that weekend, man there was a lot of snow & it just keeps falling!!!