Thursday, February 28, 2008

100 Things About Me

I enjoyed my friend, Connie's, post so much that I decided to create my own list. Let me just say, this is very hard to come up with 100 things! Almost impossible!

1. I am the youngest of 6 kids. My oldest sister was 19 when I was born and my mom was 39.
2. My birthday is September 15, 1978
3. I play the piano (although I'm severely out of practice - thanks to my new calling I'm back to practicing) and the flute (a little).
4. I try to sing -- I do a great rendition of Christine and Raoul's song, "All I Ask of You" (singing both parts and playing piano). I think my husband fell in love with me over my talent!
5. I have a tendency to talk too much.
6. I sometimes say things I shouldn't. They just come out! I'm really working on thinking before speaking. I never really mean what I say - I just say it!
7. I have 4 best girl friends - my mom and my 3 sisters. I can't imagine life without them - individually and collectively.
8. I have a scar on my eyebrow from doing flips off Cara Waite's couch and hitting my brow on the corner of her coffee table. I had stitches.
9. I love to read. I'll read just about anything although some of my favorite author's include Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Anne Tyler, Steinbeck, Thomas Hardy, Bronte sisters, Hemingway and J.K. Rowling.
10. I love my husband. He is so good to me. We are best friends. We are totally meant for each other!
11. I try to be a good mom everyday.
12. I studied in Paris, France with BYU for a semester.
13. I streaked across the MVHS Football field at midnight through the sprinklers.
14. I was tied as #7 (I think?! Let's see, there were 5 Valedictorians and 1 Salutatorian then me/Amanda) in my high school class of 145 (only 133 really graduated - some privy info I got from my mom who handed diplomas out - sad, I know!) I only got 2 B's in high school.
15. I graduated in Humanities: English Literature from BYU.
16. I have a Masters degree in Education from University of Phoenix.
17. I hate to run. (Someday I'd like to run a marathon though. Go figure!)
18. I competed in pageants.
19. I dance - ballet and jazz mainly.
20. I was Varsity Head Cheerleader in high school. I'm embarrassed to say I was a cheerleader! HA! I don't really know why I was one except that my sisters were. It was sort of expected of me. I didn't really like it. I did like the stunts and the trips (including the boys) and the dancing and that's it. And, I guess I was good at it too.
21. The semester I got engaged, I got a 0.87 gpa. Luckily, I was able to re-take ALL of my classes and luckily, I got a 3.89 the next semester to keep me out of Academic Probation!
22. I did a front flip off the Logandale Pool's diving board naked. (You're probably wondering what's with the skinny dipping and streaking?? Well, my friends and I had this thing with being naked that summer. It was all innocent fun. There's nothing like swimming in your birthday suit!)
23. I have never smoked a cigarette nor drank alcohol. Sometimes I wish I could drink wine 'cause it sounds romantic. The idea of wine and cheese tasting at a vineyard sounds exotic.
24. I've hiked the Subway in Zion's National Park and swam with sea turtles in Hawaii.
25. I'm the direction guru!
26. I love to cook and I think I'm a good cook.
27. I love my kids! Motherhood is hard sometimes but I'd do it all over again.
28. I'm addicted to the Twilight series. In another life, I could marry Edward.
29. Having kids close was NOT in the plan, but it's working out ok.
30. I wish I roomed with Emily at college too. I still feel bad to this day that it didn't work out and I feel like it was all my fault. Sorry.
31. My favorite color is orange.
32. I got lost in a cave once for 6 hours in the middle of the night. That was really scary and I'm glad I made it out.
33. I love to travel.
34. I love culture and the arts.
35. I listen to country music.
36. I like hip hop too.
37. And classical and some opera.
38. I worry that people don't like me.
39. It's hard for me to make new friends.
40. I love to decorate and I think I know what I'm doing but really I don't!
41. I was an NCA All-American Cheerleader and I danced/cheered in the Florida Citrus Bowl's Half-Time show.
42. I love to act in plays. I was Abigail Williams in The Crucible and The Witch in Into the Woods and I took acting in college performing numerous monologues. Sometimes I wish I was a movie star.
43. I love weddings - like REALLY love weddings! I wish I designed wedding dresses but I can't draw.
44. I'm a dreamer, a planner and a list-maker.
45. I teach college Reading and Writing.
46. I love to shop!
47. I spend way too much money!
48. I enjoy scrapbooking. I'm totally into digital scrapbooking now.
49. I am still friends with my childhood best friend, Jennifer Haworth. We have been friends for 29 years and counting (basically since birth as we are born exactly one month apart and our middle names are very similar Elise and Aleece). We still keep in touch today. Jenna moved before 7th grade and I was devastated.
50. My parents are divorced.
51. I showed a lamb in the Clark County Fair. His name was Higgins.
52. I have 2 brothers
53. My grandpa was a farmer and I used to pick melons, tomatoes, radishes, green onions and pumpkins. My cousins and I would sell the fresh produce on a flatbed trailer at the end of the lane on the main highway.
54. I have a scar on my left foot that looks like a dimple. I stepped on a stick at the lake and had surgery 4 times before the dumb thing worked its way out on its own!
55. I got asked out once by a married man.
56. I love American Idol.
57. My favorite type of art, I think, is architecture. I absolutely LOVE it! I'm fascinated with Early Roman and Greek architecture and Stonehenge.
58. I drove my first vehicle when I was 12. It was a yellow, stick shift Toyota truck.
59. My favorite artist is probably Michelangelo - he was a master painter, master sculptor and an architect.
60. I love tea parties and I have a teacup collection.
61. Some of my most favorite childhood movies are the Anne of Green Gables series, Little Women, Pollyanna and The Parent Trap (Haley Mills version). I also love the books too.
62. I wish I were a gardener.
63. One of my favorite restaurants is La Caille. I also like Market Street Grill.
64. I love crab - Alaskan King Crab. I don't care for lobster.
65. I always like what Ben orders at a restaurant more than my choice. He's more daring.
66. I like my steak to be cooked Medium.
67. I love to teach - whether it's college, to my children, primary, relief society, sunday school, swimming, dance, whatever!
68. I taught swimming lessons for 7 years. I also taught synchronized swimming.
69. I taught ballet too.
70. I've been in 3 major car accidents and 1 fender bender. I was driving in all 4 wrecks. Unfortunately, 2 were my fault and 1 was the other person's fault.
71. I'm afraid of dying.
72. I love BYU!
73. I like some sports - mainly BYU Football. It's the most fun to watch. I really enjoy watching ice skating, track and field, swimming and gymnastics too. I love the olympics.
74. I've lived in Utah, Nevada, France and Texas (only a couple months there).
75. My office is the messiest room in the house.
76. I am very unorganized although I am trying to become more organized.
77. I love French Toile. I have a red print in my kitchen. I just absolutely LOVE it!
78. I like to Entertain.
79. I kissed my boyfriend's best friend. (bad choice - majorly bad - didn't turn out good)
80. Raw meat grosses me out - especially chicken.
81. I can't stand the little white things on the egg yolk. I have to pick it off before cooking an egg.
82. I'm a terrible cookie maker.
83. I don't really like cake. The only kind I like is Angle Food Cake and Pound Cake. I prefer pie to cake.
84. I love bubble baths. My favorite kind of bubbles is Crabtree and Evelyn's "Nantucket Briar Foaming Milk Bath".
85. I'm a terrible housekeeper, really. I much prefer reading or playing or shopping to cleaning. I'm trying to be better though.
86. I know for sure I have at least 1 month's supply of food storage, but I think I could live on the food we have for 3 months. I need to replenish a few things though.
87. I plan to serve several missions with my husband.
88. I'm a night owl.
89. I hate mornings.
90. I'm not a breakfast eater although I should be.
91. I have 3 kids.
92. I'm handy around the house - I'm not afraid of power tools.
93. I do the books and bidding for my husband's company.
94. I love water sports!
95. I'm a desert rat. I love the sun! And, I hate the snow! I only like rain if I live in the desert because it's a surprise to have rain in Nevada.
96. I wish I lived by the ocean - I LOVE the ocean. I don't really like to swim in it because it's too cold, but if I had a wet suit on, I'm ok with it. I love to snorkel and someday I will become SCUBA certified. I am not afraid of rip tides, really, but I am afraid of sharks. I mainly love the smell of the ocean. The ocean reminds me of my mom.
97. I know how to ride a motorcycle. We own a Harley. I used to drive our Yamaha V-Star to school and work.
98. I love Disneyland!
99. My favorite comfort food is Mom's Spaghetti and Meatballs. I also really, REALLY, like ice cream! 31 Flavors Chocolate is my favorite. I hate mint chocolate chip and anything with nuts.
100. I was married on Friday, the 13th!

10 comments:

Mubeen said...

Ok, we have way too much in common!

Connie said...

Wow, we have a lot in common! So who is the boyfriend's best friend???

BallerinaBiker said...

Some guy in college. Our boyfriend/girlfriend status did not last long! : ) He was a guy I met in Vegas through one of my friends. We had this fling over the holidays. He went to Ricks and I to BYU. We met up on weekends for about 3 weeks. Then, his friend came down to visit for the weekend - I took him to a basketball game (UNLV vs. BYU) and then the rest is history. BAD, BAD, BAD!

Nicole said...

FUn stuff, we have a lot in common too. I loved reading all of this fun stuff about you! I was married on Friday the 13th too!!

Connie said...

I would never have guessed that you just did cheerleading out of family habit. From what I remember you were the epitome of a cheerleader in HS (all of the good things). You were really good at it and fun to watch, so no regrets!

BallerinaBiker said...

Ah, thanks, Connie! You're so nice!

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

that was so fun to read Courtney!! I don't think I could think of 100 interesting things like that!

Emily Leininger said...

Hee hee. I liked the naked parts.

If you want to make up for not being my roomie, you can move to Texas :)

Jason & Claire said...

Fun! Fun! I enjoyed that.

Diane Owen said...

I don't know how you came up with 100 things, I don't think I could! But we have a lot in common too. Amazing. That was really fun to read. I'd like to get to know you better. (I'm in your ward in case you don't know who this is :) )
blog.owenfam.org