Monday, February 11, 2008

New Calling

Our wards split last Sunday although yesterday we all still met together. Our entire sacrament was spent with releasing people and calling people - all except the last 5 minutes. I got to church about 10 minutes early and still had to sit in the 2nd overflow! But at least I didn't have to sit at the very back in the primary room! Our church doesn't have a primary room in the back like in the new churches; instead, it is attached to the gym with a folding door curtain - at the very back of the building. And the relief society room is then attached to it with it's own door with a hallway running around the building from there. It's kind of a weird set-up.

Anyway, making it through sacrament sitting in the gym on the folding chairs with 3 children was not an easy task. Both Andrew and Matthew were super whiny. I almost had it and then it was over and I got to take them to their classes! Hallelujah!

I was called to be the Relief Society Pianist. I'm a bit nervous 'cause I'm very rusty, but it will be good for me. And I do have a piano to practice on at least. The last pianist was so good. I was the chorister and all I had to do was show up and give her the song number and she played it perfect! I will need to at least practice the song a couple times if I don't know it!

After church, I was set apart along with the new RS pres and the 2 teachers called. That is another story in itself. Trying to keep my kids quiet during that was miserable! I don't blame them either for wanting to mis-behave. They have had to be reverent for 3 hours. Sitting one more hour quietly as a 3 year old is torture. Finally, Andrew just left the room and I thought, "BRILLIANT!" So, I took all my kids out and into the nursery across the hall. 2 other families followed me out!

After all that was done, I thanked the new RS Pres of whom I absolutely LOVE for calling me as the pianist. It is a do-able calling for me with Ben gone a lot lately. And, she said, "I feel kind of bad because when I called you and the others into RS, I felt like I was saving you! And I feel bad for all the others who won't get Relief Society!" So true, I'm SAVED!

Well, I hear all kinds of racket going on in the other room. I'm a bit nervous as to what I'm going to find. Here goes!

1 comment:

CKB said...

Who is the new RS presidency? We ditched yesterday.