Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things . . .

A couple weeks ago, my friends, Connie and Nicole, shared with us on their blogs a few of their favorite things - things they just can't live without. I really liked their suggestions and now I'm sharing mine!
My favorite body wash is from Bath and Body Works. This really is good and smells delicious.







Clinique Lash Building Primer. Put this on your lashes before you add any mascara (Clinique's is expensive but I do love it!) and you will have really long, beautiful lashes! When I'm looking to impress, I wear this! My sisters, niece and mom are all addicted to this product.




Simply Orange - Orange Juice - The best orange juice from a bottle on the face of this planet! It really tastes freshly squozen. I like the Calcium - Pulp Free one. Mainly 'cause I like to add Calcium anywhere I can - why not drink it in my orange juice?!







Hempz Lotion - The best lotion ever too! Not only does it smell really yummy but it makes your body feel really smooth. Again, the Marshall women are all addicted to this as well. Try to find a friend who is a licensed hair stylist to buy it for you at the beauty supply store - you'll pay half! (A little secret: Ben also loves this stuff. He steals my bottles! : ))






Pureology Hair products - I buy the blue bottle 'cause it is the straightening kind, but it also protects processed/colored hair. I buy the shampoo, conditioner and hair serum. My sisters who have very naturally curly hair swear by this stuff to keep their hair straight. I like it too.


Baine de Terre Anti-Frizz Shine Serum Recovery Complex -- I have used this stuff for as long as I can remember. My mom bought it for me in high school and I used about a dime size mixed with a leave-in conditioner on my hair. I recently went through about a 5 year spell where I didn't use it (of which I regret as my hair just hasn't looked as good as it has in times past) 'cause I didn't know where to buy it here in Utah, but I found it at a beauty store then later at a beauty supply store when purchasing Pureology and Hempz. Anyway, I love this stuff. It helps with split ends and hair shine. It really makes my hair look much better. Simply the best!







See's Candy - Okay, SPLURGE! I love Milk Molasses Chips and Milk Carmel Patties and their suckers too (Butterscotch and Chocolate). Anytime I'm at the mall, I just can't resist popping into the candy store to buy me a cup of each and a sucker! MMmmmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it! This addiction started with my mom. She also loves See's. She started me on the stuff when I was just tiny by doing the same routine - going to the mall and stopping into See's for a treat.



A healthy treat! Knudsen Fat Free Cottage Cheese. I love this particular brand of cottage cheese because it is not runny and curdly. Ugh. In fact, I can't tolerate any other kind of cottage cheese except this brand. It doesn't have to be Fat Free, the low-fat one works too, but I like Fat Free 'cause it's Fat Free! This cottage cheese is sticky and thick and the curds are super small. I just love it! The only store, for the longest time, that carried it is Smith's here in Utah, but I did recently find it at Albertson's and Harmon's. Most stores have the doubles but those are gross 'cause they add to fruit to them and they're only 1 serving. I just want plain old cottage cheese in a carton, so you have to search for it. And, another treat I learned from my mom - now this sounds gross, but it's good! I promise you! Even some of my friends (Emily) learned to like it! I eat cottage cheese mixed with Baked Beans (Bush's are the best if not homemade) and Ruffle's potato chips. You don't really mix the cottage cheese and beans. You just put them right next to each other on your plate and scoop some cottage cheese and some beans at the same time onto your chip and pop the chip in your mouth! Bon Appetit! Delicious! That sounds good too! Can you tell I'm hungry?! Ben who hated cottage cheese now likes cottage cheese because of this nice little treat. For some reason, my mom would serve this with hotdogs too. Weird, I know. But, the food combination is great! Especially if you're pregnant. No, I'm not pregnant.















2 comments:

Connie said...

I am also addicted to See's candy! Maybe I'll get some today for Valentines Day :) I have been wondering about that lash primer from Clinique. I buy their mascara. Maybe I'll try it!

Nicole said...

Love this post!! I am going to try the body wash and the lash primer. I want beautiful, long, flittery eyelashes!!! I too love Hempz lotion, it is the best stuff & it smells just yummy.