Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Stop Signs

Note to self: Make a complete stop at the stop sign at the SLCC entrance.

Yes, today, highway patrol, with his lights flashing, followed me to my parking stall this morning. Why? Apparently I didn't stop very good at the stop sign.

Him, "You didn't stop at the stop sign and there was a student crossing the road."

Me, "I saw the girl. I didn't hit her." (You know how you stop but you don't stop and then inch along as someone crosses the road, well, that's what I did.)

Him, "Can I please see your license and registration?"

Me, "Sure." (Already I was 10 minutes late to class. ARGH!)

I sit for another 5 minutes waiting for his decision and finally he came back.

Him, "Today's your lucky day. This is your first and only warning."

Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Emily Leininger said...

Good thing you renewed your DL!!

BallerinaBiker said...

I know! I'm so lucky!

Nicole said...

So funny, I was laughing at this!! Like you would hit the pedestrian...come on!!! Funny, I am glad you got your licensed renewed too.

I will have to come over and show you how to change your background. Im not as fancy as Connie, hers is very cute. Thanks for the ward info too. It will be SO very nice to have a smaller ward.