Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quick Update

I thought I would share a little bit of what is going on in our lives aside from the move, starting from youngest to oldest!

Matthew is still 3. He has recently switched his obsession from cars to dinosaurs. Wherever he goes, he packs at least 5 dinosaurs with him of which I could probably name off - T-Rex, long neck, a rhino looking one and one with a big spine on the back (don't ask me their names 'cause I can never seem to remember all the different species). He also likes this Tiger that he carries along too. It's part of the dinosaur family. He and Andrew have also taken up Chess. Their Chess game entails lining up all the Chess pieces then hitting them with their pretent golf clubs (ie: dinosaurs). Matthew is really talking well. It seems like in the last couple months, he has matured greatly. He is still a mama's boy and loves to cuddle.

Andrew is still 4. Andrew just finished his Fall Soccer. He is signed up for Spring but we aren't sure how that's going to play out since already this year, he hardly played. He preferred to look at bugs and twirl and beg to play at the park. It was all we could do to keep him on the field. Maybe T-ball will be more successful. He likes to pretend he's Dash and he runs speedy fast. He is very sweet and also loves to cuddle and kiss. He loves his pre-school and especially Ms Tonya. He said the other day, "I don't ever want to go to Kindergarten. I want to stay at Ms. Tonya's forever." Andrew is deathly afraid of animals, even cats. It's rather annoying at times but then at other times, it's kinda nice 'cause when he sees an animal, he comes running inside!

Elise is adjusting to her new class. So far she seems to like her teacher. I was really worried for the new teacher but I think I really like her. She is super organized and sends home zillions of study aids and notes with progress. Elise has a special talent: she can make this loud clicking sound with her tongue (she somehow does it with the roof of her mouth). It's very annoying but we do praise her for her talent. As long as she clicks outside instead of inside, we're ok. She also has a special interest in bracelets. She wears them everyday to school. She also hates to get her hair brushed. I have finally persuaded her to let me at least brush with a "soft" brush. I have bought more soft brushes than you know just to find one that doesn't hurt. One brush she prefers but it brushes like crap, so then I pull out the spiky one and she really has a fit. Elise is taking piano lessons and she really loves it.

I am still busy unpacking and cleaning - you know, doing the everyday general mundane housewife tasks. But, then, I am also getting out more too. A few months ago Ben and I started a Real Estate Investing firm where we help people who are having financial difficulty with their mortgages. We either help them re-structure their loan or we buy their house at a discount from the bank and turn around and re-sell. Finally, the rewards are beginning to come to fruition! If you know anyone who might be in trouble with their mortgage and who would like to sell it, have them call me.

Ben has been busy wrapping up some construction projects and with helping people buy and sell their homes. He's a Realtor and he works with Keller Williams - South Valley Office. So, if anyone plans to buy a home anytime soon or sell a home, call him! A lot of his time is taken up with selling the homes we buy but he would love to help anyone who needs help. Aside from that, Ben loves golf! And, more golf! I don't know if it's really that good that we moved next to the golf course. Luckily, Winter is fast approaching! We are also still rooting for BYU and hope they kick Utah's butt so we can at least have a 3-way tie in our division.

4 comments:

Jena said...

Thanks for the update, did I mention that WE MISS YOU but we are so so happy for you!

I can't wait to come see the new place!

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

Fun to be in a new place- glad to hear you are adjusting- even if it means having to get up early. Looks like you have been so busy with so many fun things going on! I love your pics! Your kids are darling!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I found your blog through Julie P. I'm so glad I did. I can keep tabs on you now that you moved. I'm so sad you did. We miss you but I hope you love your new place. Come visit some time!

Jason & Claire said...

Fun update! Some of our friends do the same thing you are with mortgages and it is great. Good for you. ;)