Monday, November 3, 2008

Avoiding Work

Ok, so I'm thoroughly exhausted from last week and have absolutely NO desire to do anything else around here for a few days so I'm wasting time blogging!

My kitchen and family room (basically the two pics I posted) are the only organized rooms. Well, I take that back, my mom pushed me to at least get my kids rooms put together. Mine is somewhat done. Still needs a lot of work. And, the living room is a wreck as well as the storage room and garage. I really need to get my food storage organized because we need to eat. I don't know where 3/4 of my canned goods are. Sigh. Oh well. Not going to worry about it right now.

My mom seriously is a saint. I really don't know what I would do without her. Ben and I both agree that I would not have half as much accomplished in this new house if it wasn't for her. She told me this weekend that if she were born a couple centuries ago, she would've made an excellent maid! She cracked me up because it's so true! My mom actually enjoys doing laundry and folding clothes. She really takes pride in the art of folding. And, when she sees that I don't do nearly as nice of a job when she has taught me so well, I think I disappoint her. But, laundry just isn't as important to me as it is to her! I see I need to be more like her though. Elise, tonight, after her bath, I gave her a pair of underpants and she said, "no, those are dirty." I said, "No, grandma washed them." And she said, "Wow! Already?! That was fast!" I'm such a failure!!!!! ; )

9 comments:

Tami said...

Love the new house, I'm impressed you already have stuff hanging on your walls, I've been in my house for a year and a half and still have pictures in my closet waiting to be hung, I'm just not good at that sort of thing, but your house looks very nice!! your very talented!

Connie said...

My Mom is the same way. It sure makes me feel like crap sometimes, but also so grateful for her. Hope you adjust to the new place soon!

TheoMama said...

Please know that you are amazing for having accomplished all that you have in less than a week! Pat yourself on the back, sit on the couch and read a book. You've earned it. Tomorrow, all those boxes will still be there.

Tam said...

moms are good at making us feel completely in awe of their ambition and work ethics. i get tired just watching mine, she can't not be doing something productive for a single second, i'm sure i drive her nuts and make her wonder where i came from. hopefully our kids will think the same way about us as we think of our mothers. enjoy your blogging break!

Camie said...

Just find joy in knowing that one day you will be admired and your daughter will feel like the crappy mom. :0)

Jason & Claire said...

You and your mom are both amazing ladies. Relax!

Trenda said...

I hear ya on the avoiding work thing. I got back from St. George tonight and have so much unpacking, going through mail, cleaning, etc. to do, but I am just reading blogs! Maybe tomorrow! :)

Amanda said...

I think your home is beautiful. And don't worry, I'm sure when Elise is in your shoes some day, she'll say the same things about you that you say about your mom!

laura said...

Your house is beautiful! I wish I were near by so I could come see it in person.