Some friends of ours went on the Elk Hunt and shot a nice big one. They had so much meat that they shared some with us - at least 15 pounds, I would say. Anyway, this is not the first time we at elk - that occured about a month ago when I made tacos with some of the meat I ground on my KitchenAid. But, this is the first Roast!
The Roast (It looks kinda gross the way I cut it)

The Meal

Proof that we all ate it!

And we all liked it! It's yummy! It really tastes very much like beef and we can all handle that!
We're . . . like . . . rugged! haha!
And we have another 8 pounds of elk ground hamburger left to enjoy!
5 comments:
Wow, brave girl eating wild game meat! ;-) Glad you liked it since you have so much of it!!
me too!
I'm jealous! We just used up our last bit of deer meat from last years hunt. That means I have to start buying my meat at the store again.....bummer!!!! Elk meat is my favortie! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.
How is Eagle Mt. treating you? Seriously, I love it out here. Completely different, but I love it! I am glad that I have a way to stay in touch.
Wow, you are RUGGED! The best part is Ben putting more salt on his in the picture. Good for you!
Post a Comment