at dying my own hair!

I bought a bottle of hair dye at the store yesterday. Actually, it was Loreal Couleur Experte and it had 2 applications - 1 for all over and 1 for highlights. The reason why I did this was I have not yet made an appointment to have my hair done and my grays were driving me nuts. I felt entirely capable of doing this. This morning, when I woke up, I can see where improvement is needed.
For awhile, I've been thinking of learning to dye my own hair. It's so hard to communicate exactly what I want to my hair stylists. Two of my friends who are hair stylists color their own hair. Knowing full well that they are schooled in the art of hair dying and I am not, I went for it. Also, on Oprah a couple of weeks ago, there were several different famous hair stylists giving beauty secrets. One guy, in particular, I can't remember his name, but he's the spokesperson for John Freida hair products. Well, he had NO schooling when his friend, Giselle (I think that's the model he was referring to), asked him to color her hair for him. And he did it! So, anyway, I've had my hair done so many times, I know how to apply it. But, it's the color and understanding hair pigment and stuff that I do not know. The next time I try this, I'm going to go to the beauty supply store and pick out "real" dye and buy all the necessary tools. This is going to be fun! A little scary, but fun! One of my friends and neighbor tried once to explain how color works and it totally blew me away. I'm going to try researching on the internet. Does anyone want to be experimented on???!!! hahaha hee hee!
Did I say I had to color my grays earlier? Yes, I'm freaking 29 years old and I'm almost completely gray in my bang area. WHAH! For all those who might've wondered if Mel was really my father, here's a testament to the fact that he really is! I think he went completely "white" before the age of 30. I'm well on my way! So, coloring my hair is a medical emergency - completely necessary.
5 comments:
Well, it looks great! Super-pretty.
Very cute!! Your hair is getting so long!
I like it. Good job! It's getting long.
Hey! Not to shabby! If you ever need a tip on color, just give me a call. Staying the same color or going darker is a snap, but going lighter can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. But yeah, now that I don't work in a salon, I have the hardest time paying someone to color my hair! So, there are stains of color all over my bathroom walls from coloring my hair.
Is your hair really that long? How did I not notice that?
You have my full confidence in your ability to color your own hair. You've always been good at stuff like that. I think you even cut my hair once or twice...
Post a Comment