Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday . . . Monday!

Has it really been only 2 days since Saturday? It seems like forever ago since I last blogged. And, here is my report for today.

SNOW.

And, MORE snow.

You know, snow wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to shovel the drive and walks. And, today, I'm going to admit to you one of my deepest, darkest secrets! For weeks now, I would come home to find my neighbor's walks already done. And, she would get up in Relief Society during "Good News Minute" and tell the women she is so thankful for whoever's husband it is that shovels her walks.

Well, today, I heard a shovel scraping so I peeked out the window and sure enough there was a man, one of my friends' husband, sweeping my neighbor's walks. So, feeling a little jealous as I always do that my lovely single neighbor has her walks scraped for her and mine, well, every time it snows, I feel angered that noone is nice enough to shovel mine! I may not be "technically" single, but I am single for the moment while my hubby is working out of town. Well, I promptly went outside with my shovel and started shoveling my walks alongside this nice man hoping he would take pity on me and shovel mine next time along with my dear, sweet neighbor's.

It turns out, he is her home teacher, of course! And, where are my home teachers? (This is a whole other subject for another time; however, I will say this, wives encourage your husband's to be good home teachers. In all the years we have been married - almost a decade now, we have never had reliable home teachers. And, the excuse is always, "we are just so busy." Well, aren't we all?! When I was growing up, we had the best home teachers. They were very faithful and went above and beyond their call of duty. I'm beginning to wonder if "special" men were placed to home teach our family because my mom was single and needed extra help. I don't know. Anyway, enough of this.)

Well, enough of my sob story. I am really just being very self-centered about this. I am very capable of shoveling my own walks. And, I do feel invigorated after doing so . . . being bundled up in the cold, crisp weather kind of does that to me along with a bit of exercise. So, I really should be thanking the men who don't come to shovel my walks. It's the only exercise I get! I'm so lazy these days! But, regardless, I will be hoping and wishing when I see the flakes falling next time to be surprised by a clean drive.

3 comments:

Mubeen said...

LOL, you are so funny!!! But I can totally relate to you about home teachers...my visiting teacher has only visited me once. I think that was enough for them to feel like they "tried." Oh well, to each is own!

Emily Leininger said...

Glad Ben is coming home to shovel for you.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, thats funny. I love that you are brave enough to admit what a ton of others think! My hubby is always gone to and I shovel the snow. Its not that bad here though. Gives my a little work out!!