How do any of you get your kids to cooperate with their chores? It's impossible! My kids are walking tornados and pillaging dogs! They messy everything and like to dig through the cupboards to find treats. It drives me NUTS! I have got to get this under control.
Think happy thoughts, Courtney! Think happy thoughts!
Here is a pic of my adorable baby boy (well, he's not so much a baby anymore, but he's "the" baby nonetheless) during bath time! He's so silly!

And, here's a pic capturing my Christmas Eve car wreck . . .

No, this was absolutely NOT my fault! I'm still mad! It was Christmas Eve and I was driving in a blizzard. My Dad, of course, was staying with me and requested that I run to Wal-Mart to pick up a plunger! So, off I go . . . I had this feeling that I should take the main roads as the roads might be better, but instead I told myself, "I will drive so careful and so slow . . . I'll be alright." I made it through the backroads and I was stopped at the stop sign on 7th West waiting to turn onto 126th South, the home stretch. Just as I finished praising myself for my excellent driving skills, the car is jolted forward, my body and neck recklessly whip forward and back, the sound, "BOOM" rings through my ears, and a Scion comes sliding to a stop diagonally from me. I jump out to survey the damage and to meet my assailant who happens to be a 17 year old teenage girl holding my brand new smashed red light cover! What a surprise! I first look at her car and see the front passenger side of her car smashed up. The hood is dented and protruding in some areas. I tell her, "oh, dear." And she reassures me that the dent on the hood is not from this accident. It's from the accident her sister was in last week! She immediately calls her mother on her cell phone and overhearing the conversation she says, "Mom, I hit black ice and ran into someone!" Puh . . . leeease! I can attest she did not hit black ice. I'll tell you what she did do. She hops in her car, cranks the volume on the stereo, calls her friend on her cell to tell her she's going to see her hot boyfriend, not realizing it's blizzarding outside, she peels out of her drive and steps on the gas. She's invinsible, can handle anything especially driving in snow. Chatting away, she forgets to slow down enough to stop in this kind of weather and slams on her break when she sees my red tail lights staring at her. Her tires are covered in snow and there is next to no traction. She starts sliding. Trying to miss me, she swerves to the left and the corner of her car collides with the corner of my car. She tells her mother it's only the light, but when we survey the damage, we see she has dented the bumber and broken the light. My poor brand new car. Her mother reassures me that "they will take care of everything" and in parting she says, "Merry Christmas!"
4 comments:
Your "baby" is too cute. I feel like that about Anneliese. She's my baby even though she is 2!
I'm so sorry about your accident. I hope you get all of the repairs done quickly. It makes it even worse that it was a new car!
Honestly, I know you don't need any parenting advice. But, I love the "Love and Logic" series. It is a set of books all about letting your kids have their own consequences of THEIR actions. When you discipline, it's not really YOU punishing them as much as it is them getting the consequences for THEIR actions. They are at Deseret Book. Good luck with your kids-it's a never-ending experiment!
Yes, I've read the love and logic. The problem is implementing everything I've ever read! haha!
I heard about your accident!! I was at Shawn and Kim's the evening you called! So sorry!!! We were just glad you were okay!
Matthew has grown so much!!!!!!!!!!
I know how you feel about messy kids. I will clean one room, and move to the next and Stella moves into the room I just cleaned and makes a mess of it. I did however teach Stella how to make her bed and clean her room, however, I usually have to take her favorite toy away and not give it back until she cleans her room. I had to make a rule for myself that I am not allowed to use the computer until my house is clean every day. Otherwise, I get on the computer in the morning and never get anything done. I wish I was one of those motivated women who gets up at 6 a.m. and goes to the gym and gets home and showers before the kids get up and has breakfast all ready when her family does wake up. Then picks up the house, does a load of laundry and then has the rest of the day to play with her kids. Unfortionatly, I am the kid of person who sleeps in as long as possible, wakes up when the kids wake me up, and then sits on the computer or watches the news all morning, and finally gets downstairs to make breakfast at about 10 a.m. By the time I am showered and ready for the day and the house is clean, its time to start dinner.
Post a Comment