TEXAS TRIP
Last weekend, I flew to Texas to visit Ben. I left on Thursday and came home on Sunday. It was so much fun! I also got to visit my sister, Kim, and her family and Emily and Luke! Yay! My sis-in-law, Arianne, watched the kiddies Thursday night, then my mom came up on Friday to take over for the weekend. Kerri and Maria (more sis-in-law's) watched the kids a little too. Much thanks to all who helped! Maria said it best though. As she gave my mom a packed lunch for her trip home on Sunday, she said, "you are such a good mom!" And she is! I'm so lucky! The kids really enjoyed having her there. She always spoils them! She took them to McDonald's to play and later took them to the dollar store to shop! Much to my dismay and to their delight, the kids got all kinds of junk!
Ben's building in Frisco, Texas. I really love the area. Dallas/Ft Worth is great! I think I like Fort Worth better than Dallas though. The Stockyards are really cool. We took a picture with an Indian, and ate at Ben's favorite BBQ restaurant, H3.
On Friday night, we sported our cowboy hats to dinner where we met Luke and Emily! We were showing our Texas spirit! Ben actually bought both hats for himself, but the black one fits me better. I have a bigger head! hahaha! I really, truly, have a big head! It's 7 1/8. I think Ben wears a 6 7/8 or something. I think Emily and Luke thought we were nuts in our hats! : ) To tell you the truth, I really don't think it was really me. Although I come from a po-dunk Nevada town, rode horses and showed animals in the county fair, I don't think I'm a true cowgirl. Now, if he were to buy me a ranch with horses, I might cross over to the dark side!
Ben thinks he's a cowboy though! He says he's Rascal Flats cowboy style. He has not yet bought cowboy boots because he can't quite give up the Harley-Davidson boots, but I'm sure when he finds the right pair, he'll buy some.
So, I came home on Sunday to a fairly clean home (thanks, mom, for mopping my kitchen floor and finishing up the laundry - you're great!), but today is Wednesday and I haven't done a thing since Sunday evening! You can only imagine what kind of tornado has swept through our house. I just have been so tired! Trying to catch up from last week I guess.
SLCC
I started teaching a writing course at Salt Lake Community College last week. I thoroughly enjoy teaching at the college level. I always feel rejuvenated and ready to face being mommy. I teach on TTH mornings for about 2 1/2 hours. It's really perfect for me. It gives me an outlet and some play money to boot! With Ben gone working out of town for the next 4 months, I am in need of something to give me a break. This is perfect! The first assignment I am giving to my students is to write a Summary. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to have them write a summary of, any ideas? I thought it might be interesting to write a summary of an article in Newsweek - something on the presidential election. Or, they could do something a little boring and summarize a chapter from one of their college texts they are studying this semester. I don't know. Any other ideas? Next we'll do a Narrative paper then Analytical then Persuasive.
2 comments:
I CANNOT believe you were here and didn't even have me join you for lunch or something! I am sooo mad at you!!! LOSER!!! ;-)
It was fun to see you guys. When I saw you in your hats, I thought (as I always have) that you and Ben are such a fun couple. By the way, your head isn't bigger than Ben's. You just have super thick hair and he doesn't have any! Don't tell him I said that.
Post a Comment