I've been tagged by my friend, Stacey. So, here goes. My scanner is giving me probs so no pics today. Maybe another day I'll post some flash back high school pics.
1. Did you date someone from your school?
Yes, too many, but never steady with a guy longer than about 2-3 weeks. I preferred to be single to flirt with all the guys.
2. What kind of car did you drive? White Nissan Sentra
3. Were you a party animal? Not exactly.
4. Were you considered a flirt? Probably.
5. Were you in band, orchestra or choir? Not in high school. I did take piano class.
6. What was your most embarrassing moment in high school? I can't remember anything too embarrassing. I don't know. Maybe some of my old HS buddies could help me out here.
7. Were you a nerd?
Hmmm...not sure. I was maybe a nerdy cheerleader because I was in honors/AP classes but then I was also a cheerleader. So, I don't know. Probably depends on who you ask.
8. Were you on varsity teams?
Yes. I was a varsity cheerleader.
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled?
No. I did get detention once.
10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Yes, every word. Ben makes fun of my fight song. I don't know why?? It's AWESOME!
We love Moapa High School
Dear Gold and Blue.
We love our colors
To thee our hearts are true as Blue
We love every inch of You.
Cheers for MV High School
Fight Boys and never say die
We'll fight for our high school
Moapa High
Chorus:
With a hip hoorah
M-V-Rah, Rah
M-V-Rah, Rah
There's nothing the matter with us, Rah, Rah
M-V-Rah, Rah
M-V Rah, Rah
There's nothing the matter with us
Repeat verses
11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Well, I think Mrs. Olson was a very good teach - probably one of the best at MVHS. I also liked Mr. Mattson and Mr. Batchelor.
12. What was your school's full name?
Moapa Valley High School
13. School mascot?
Pirates
14. Did you go to the Homecoming dance and with who?
Yes, I went; however, our Homecoming dance isn't formal and it's stag.
15. If you could go back again, would you?
Although I really had a lot of fun in high school, I don't think I would want to go back.
16. What do you remember most about graduation?
I remember a lot. I remember what dress I wore. I remember getting my diploma and I remember staying out practically all night, coming in, and my mom not harrassing me for being out so late without calling. Crazy.
17. Where did dyou go senior skip day?
I don't remember! It must've been a really good skip day!
18. Were you in a club?
Too many. National Honors Society, FHA/HERO, Drama, Ski
19. Have you gained some weight since then?
Don't ask.
20. Who was your prom date?
Junior: Jared Leming
Senior: Jimmy Bledsoe
21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
Went.
22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?
Don't sweat the small stuff. Love everyone and be nice to everyone. And, don't kiss so many boys!
TAG: Anyone who is reading this who wants to be tagged.
4 comments:
Wow, I never realized how funny our fight song actually was. Ben is right. It's hysterical...there's nothing the matter with us rah rah.
Well, I remember the words to the fight song, but I obviously didn't learn the same one as you. I'm sure the real words get lost in translation from one person to the next. Good thing our cheerleaders were on the ball, cause I think the rest of the crowd was always a little off. :0)
Great post!!!
The words are posted on the wall in the gym too, but, of course, we sang it in other places without the words posted. I had to learn the song - it was required, I think. Well, "B" made us learn the words anyway.
Aaaahhhh, memories. This was fun to read.
Post a Comment