Thursday, August 28, 2008

Quirks Tag

1. Link the person who tagged you.

2. Mention the rules on your blog.

3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess.

4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.

5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I've been tagged . . .

By my friend, Beth.

My Quirks:

1) I tend to laugh when something serious or unfortunate (like a bad injury) happens. For example, One time when I was a cheerleader in high school, someone fell . . . I can't even remember who it was, but it was horrible and yet, I couldn't help but laugh. I'm not laughing because the person is injured but I usually replay the event in my head. The situation of how a person is injured is usually funny to me - like how it looked when they went down. I do feel terrible and I really try not to laugh, but I do. I know, you all think I'm a horrible person but I really do feel bad for the person. Or, there was another time when I was with 2 of my friends, Leslie and Emily. Leslie's mom took us to the mall and told us to meet her at a certain time. Well, we were running late and we got locked in the mall!!! We had to go out an emergency exit and run around the parking lot till we found her mom. Needless to say, Carol was FURIOUS! She was steaming mad! We got in the car and she started yelling at us and all I could do was laugh! It was the worst! I tried to bite my cheeks and everything and I let out a burst of laughter and then she was even madder and Emily and Leslie were pinching me. It was not pretty. But the situation was so funny to me and it was funny to see Carol so dang mad. I mean, you should've seen the look on her face!!!

2) I am very particular about the spelling and the pronunciation of a person's name. For example, I have this friend from home whose name is Brannon. People used to call him Brandon all the time and it bugged me to no end! I would always correct people and say, there's no "d" in his name, it's "Bran-non." Even still, I really try to learn people's names and the spellings. I even study our ward list so I can associate the name/spelling with the person!

3)By looking at my house, you would never know that I am a perfectionist. But, I am! It's never perfectly clean except when I have someone clean it and even then it's only good for an hour or two. Why waste the money, I say?! But, even, amongst my messes, I know exactly where things are. And don't even attempt to organize my stuff or you'll be in big trouble. Just ask Ben.

4)I am a TALKER. I love to Talk! And, sometimes I talk before I think which sometimes causes problems. Can you say, "foot in mouth!" I could talk forever. Oh, and I also like to control the conversation of which I'm really working on. I wish I was born with the gift of listening 'cause that I have to work on.

5) I have a particular order in the way I get dressed. I don't know if this is abnormal, but these are my steps: Shower, underwear, make-up, hair, clothes. When I deviate from the order of make-up then hair, it throws me off!

6) I am a barefoot kind of girl. I hate shoes! And, my kids hate shoes. I was raised on a farm in the Summer where we never wore our shoes. The hot, prickly rocks on the dirt roads at the beginning of the summer always felt like stickers to my sensitive feet, but after a week of walking barefoot, my soles toughened up. Even still, I find myself trashing the shoes in the summer. I wear them when I go out, but at home you'll find me barefoot. And, in the winter, I hardly wear socks. I wear clogs or something without a back in the snow. And, with snow boots, I don't wear socks. Usually, the only time I wear socks is when I'm exercising and wearing my running shoes. I know, I'm weird. Just say it, I'm quirky!

Now, for the tagging. I'm supposed to tag 6 individuals and comment to tell you I tagged you. But, I'm just gonna tag whoever wants to be tagged.

No comments: