One of my friends started a new blog and it's really fun! I'm thoroughly enjoying the posts and I can't wait for more. It's a blog where the moderators post about books they've read. This month they are commentating on Breaking Dawn. Anyway, check out the new blog! It's fun1
http://www.myfavoriteauthor.blogspot.com
And, secondly, I have a first grader! I left my camera at our office so I'll have to download the pictures later. But, Elise officially started her first day of First grade on Tuesday. Her teacher is really cute. She's young and hip. I was so impressed with her on the orientation day (Monday). She was very thorough and gave us lots of good material to help our children succeed in school. I really feel that she will be a good communicator. Last year, Elise's Kindergarten teacher was not a good communicator. She never explained anything. We just had to figure it all out on our own. Ugh. So, I'm pleased and I think Elise will do well this year.
As for Elise, I really think she loves 1st grade too! She did mention that it was a very long day! And, it is! She's so cute! Every morning she is excited to help make her lunch. I think lunch is the highlight of her day. And, Wednesday morning, she said, "I need a quarter." I asked, "For what?" She replied, "I want to buy some chocolate milk!" It made me laugh! I didn't think she'd start asking for money this soon! : ) At least it's only a quarter!
Anyway, I'll post a picture soon with her on her first day of 1st grade.
6 comments:
That's so fun to have a first grader. My two are starting preschool soon and I'm so excited. Thanks for the heads up on the blogsite for reading. I am still not finished with Breaking Dawn. I can't find time except at night and by then I'm too tired to read much. Someday...
Aren't you too young to have a first grader! :0)
Elise's outfit she wore on the first day was soooo cute. Where is it from? I have tried so hard to find cute school clothes for Stella and I can't find anything! Oh, and I also should tell you that it wasn't Elise that was rude to Stella, it was some new girl in the neighborhood. I didn't want you to think my blog was some sly way to dis your kids!
I can't wait to see the pics!
I am so glad she got a good teacher this year. It will make all the difference!
Jena
I know it is so crazy to have a first grader, oh and a second grader!! Ya Logan will be 8 in march and will be getting baptized.. I swear we are getting way too old ha ha... It is fun though.. It's weird only having Madelyn home all day.. And when she starts pre school I will have a couple of hours a day all to myself...Oh wait Jason works from home now, it's ok then we can have some time alone together.. That never happens with kids ha ha...as i am sure you already know that...
Teachers that don't communicate are the worst! That's one of my biggest school pet peeves. After reading about her outfit I really want to see pictures now!
Post a Comment