Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Breaking Dawn, the Book

BEWARE: SPOILERS BELOW

Well, I finished the book a few days ago, and I just loved it! I've read the Q & A's from Meyer herself, chatted with some of my friends via Email about the book, and thought it would be fun to open up a blog forum on my BLOG for comments about BD.

What did you think?

What did you Love?

What did you Hate?

Etc. You get the picture, right?

For me, I thought the book was delicious! I ate it up, every word! I had been dreading from the first book, Twilight, the moment Bella would turn into a vampire and I almost didn't really want her to. But, I have to say, I am so happy Edward changed her. And, I think it was the perfect way to change her. It had to be that way for me to be ok with changing Bella and for Rose too. I felt Bella as a Vampire was better than what I imagined she could be. I loved the change, the skip over the "Newborn" stage, her first leap over the river, her first lunch, everything! In addition to Bella as a vampire, I really liked the Volturi exchange. Lastly, I absolutely loved the end where Bella was able to open her mind to Edward.

Please share!!! Love you all!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

(Spoilers!) Well you know how I feel! I loved it too. Many people really have not liked the book and think the writing was not as good etc. I didn't feel that way at all. I am so glad that it had a different feel. I am so glad that we got to see Bella turn into an adult and become a mom! That whole thing just affected me very much...her need for a C-Section especially! Wow. It took me longer to read than I had planned cause I kept crying and needing to hug my baby girl! I'm glad that Jacob got over his obsession with Bella and got someone of his own. My only wish is that we had had a chance to see Leah find someone too. I wasn't too dissapointed in the fight scene (or lack thereof) because we got to see Bella's abilities kick butt...and that is what I wanted anyway. I loved it! ;)

CKB said...

I finished about 5 minutes ago! I really liked it. When she discovered she was prego, I immediatly thought "well, there goes the romance." Haha, but luckily that wasn't the case. Now I just want to know what happens in their lives. I want to know what Renesmee is like as an adult, and I want to know about her and Jacobs lives together. I want to know more! Also, I HATE the name "Renesmee". Hate it. I just wanted to make up another name to use while reading. Every time I read the name I wanted to gag.

BallerinaBiker said...

I don't like the name either! HA! I, too, want to know more. I think she will end up writing a book about Jacob and Nessie. And, I hope she does something for Leah too.

Mubeen said...

LOVED IT! I just finished today! LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!! I absolutely loved that Bella was able to open up her mind to Edward, the one thing he always wished he would be able to do!!! I also hated the name Renesmee, how LAME, lol.

I cannot wait for the Twilight movie. I really hope it doesn't disappoint. I want to already start planning and get a WHOLE bunch of girls together to go do dinner and watch the movie. Come down here for that, Courtney!!!

Anonymous said...

I just finished the book too and I loved it. I want more.

Mubeen said...

I'm so jealous y'all are renting out a theater! :-( How fun though!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, better late than never. I loved the book. I was a little thrown by moving to Jacob's perspective at first, but realize the necessity as soon as Bella was down. Plus I found it a bit more predictable than I had hoped. I guess I just wanted it to have an unusual twist somewhere, but I caught all the foreshadowing and wasn't really surprised by anything. Not trying to complain or anything. I absolutely love this story and couldn't even function until I read every page. Drove my husband crazy for a few days. Ha Ha! I also loved the way she was changed to a Vampire. It was a smooth transition for me and made sense given the circumstance. I do wish I could get to know Nessie more. Wouldn't it be cool to have a branch off from her perspective.