Saturday, December 13, 2008

Suzie Homemaker

What a perfect way to spend a lazy, cold, snowy Saturday afternoon!!

I made some of my family's famous pomegranate jelly today. The juice has been sitting in my fridge for a couple weeks and finally, today, I mustered up the will to make it. So, here is a picture of my beautiful red jars! Every year, we make the jelly for our food storage as we just can't live without it. Thankfully, my Uncle Russell, a few years back, planted a pomegranate tree orchard with over 100 trees! He squeezes the juice, pasteurizes it and makes jelly, syrups and plain old juice to sell. Thanks, Uncle Russell, for the juice!


Don't these yummy rolls look yummy?! They are delicious, I tell you! I had to make rolls for the ward party tonight. And, they go great with my homemade pomegranate jelly!


The Kids all cozied up watching Wall-E together!



*Notice our Charlie Brown tree in the background with most of the ornaments gone. I don't even know why I even try. It was decorated at one point! Oh well! That's why I don't do anything super fancy right now 'cause then I don't care so much if the kids play with the ornaments!

9 comments:

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Where is he growing his pomegrantes at? I know we had a family in St.George that had a tree. In a perfect world I could live in that weather instead iof this snowstorm. I just bought a case at cosco of pomegrantes becasue it's one of the only fruits my baby will eat.Spoiled baby--they are the perfect little finger foods. I get them every Christmas time, so I don't know what she will eat once they go out of season:)I am jealous and wish I had an uncle with pomegrante connections:)
I find my ornaments and candy canes all over the house.

TheoMama said...

Just to answer your comment on my blog, no we are sadly not coming for christmas. Most likely in March for Spring Break though! You are so domestic, making jelly! Good for you!

Super Mom said...

Yikes, I have four gallons in my fridge and I can't seem to get the motivation to start! Thankfully I have some freezer space. Your jars looks so beautiful and your rolls are making my mouth water. Is that "The family recipe" or your sister-in laws?

bri&jul said...

Wow, you have some serious cooking skills! I hope you are enjoying your house. Don't worry about the tree- we all understand.

Mubeen said...

Number one, feel free to send me a jar of that! Number two, I want the recipe to those rolls!! And finally, cute kiddos!

Camie said...

You need to post the recipe for your rolls. They look absolutely wonderful!

Nicole said...

I am very impressed!! Wow, you are Super Mom! I love it!

Melanie said...

can I have those rolls with some jelly for christmas please?

Jason & Claire said...

You are making me so hungry. Your kids are precious. Isn't that the best? I love when they are friends like that.