Monday, December 22, 2008

50 Random Things . . .

Well, I came up to my office to charge a Barbie MP3 for Elise for Christmas and got a little sidetracked. It's only 2 hours later and almost midnight!

1. Do you like blue cheese? No, I hate it. When I was in Paris, my host family fed me Roquefort. I took a huge portion and felt obligated to finish it all. I almost barfed.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? NO!
3. Do you own a gun? Ben owns one and he was checking out a pink pistol for me.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Vanilla.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Depends on what the appointment is for.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them with ketchup, mustard, and relish. I like brats with grilled onions. They have to be grilled though. I also like the ones at gas stations. I really like them best when they have been grilled.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Too many to choose, probably A Christmas Story. It's the only one I own.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? OJ. I really like Simply Orange.
9. Can you do push-ups? Maybe 1 or 2. My shoulder pains me to much to try anymore. I need some physical therapy.
10. Age? 30.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring.
12. Favorite hobby? Right now I blog.
13. Favorite Actor: I really like Colin Firth, Kate Winslett. I think Josh Duhamel (sp?) is hot.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? Some things are just not worth trying to pay attention to. But no, I can concentrate on something for as long as I need to.
15. What's one trait you hate about yourself? I procrastinate.
16. Middle name? Don’t want to share that one on my blog.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment...I need to go to bed, Was that Matthew?, I need to go to bed.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday/today? I didn't buy anything yesterday or today. Yesterday was Sunday and Today, I was snowed in, literally.
19. 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, orange juice, and milk
20. 3 Current worries? Getting ready for Christmas skit for family party tomorrow, the Economy, Dirty house.
21. Current Love right now? Driving around looking at Christmas lights.
22. Favorite place to be? Home, right now.
23. How did you ring in the New Year? Didn't yet. Probably will attend the SLC First Night Celebrations, and, of course, a new resolution.
24. Where would you like to go? Hawaii, France or Italy or anywhere I haven't been yet.
25. Name three people who will complete this. Tami, Claire, Stacey.
26. Do you own slippers? Yes, black uggs. I don't wear them much.
27. What shirt are you wearing? An old Pirates of the Carribean shirt and a blue nike hoodie.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? It's all right. I prefer cotton, a nice large count.
29. Can you whistle? I'm terrible at it, but my daughter is excellent.
30. Favorite color? orange, brown, red, black
31. Would you be a pirate? I was born a Pirate!
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I rarely sing in the shower.
33. Favorite girl's name? Don't want to tell.
34. Favorite boy's name? None right now. Boy names are really hard for me.
35. What is in your pocket? Nothing.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Elise being silly.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? I don't remember any great bed sheets. I always had white cotton sheets, but I do love the smell of freshly washed sheets and I love the way my mom made my bed.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Probably a sprained ankle? Or a wood stick stuck in my foot that I still have a dimple (from the many table surgeries I had as a child) from.
39. Do you love where you live? Yes.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Friend? I don't know. But, my sister, Kim, beats everyone!
42. How many dogs do you have? None yet.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Andrew.
44. What is your favorite book(S)? Geez, this is a hard one. East of Eden, Kite Runner, Anne of Green Gables Series, anything Jane Austen . . . Jane Eyre . . .
45. Where were you born? St. George
46. What is your favorite candy? Sees Molasses Chips and Milk Caramel Patty (don't get me anything else from there . . . except maybe a butterscotch sucker.)
47. Favorite Sports Team? BYU Cougars and Jazz
48. What songs do you want played at your funeral? Hmmm . . . I have been thinking about this lately. Not because I think I'm going to die, but just because. I think of these things because of the funerals I've been to. I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus really had an impact on me at B's funeral so I think I would like that sung at my funeral. I also like Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - not sure if it's really a funeral song though. And, I also like Nearer My God to Thee. And, of course, the funeral staple, God Be With You Till We Meet Again.
49. What are you doing at 12 A.M.? Reading or Blogging.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? No. Not yet.

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Hello Courtney! Your family is so beautiful! I have peeked in on you in the past through Tami's blog (before I had one of my own). It looks like you are doing really good! And yes, how fun it would be if we lived close, I'm sure Coy and Elise would be great friends! Glad we have our blogs so we can now keep in touch! Merry Christmas to you and your cute family!

Jason & Claire said...

I can totally identify with going to take care of something in the office and suddenly realizing it's 2 hours later because I've been checking blogs! I think you're the only person I know that was born in St. George. How is that possible? And I'm with you on the Nearer My God to Thee...just for the record!

Camie said...

Haha! I loved reading this. I'm glad you did it! And I totally think you and your kids should have slumber party under the tree.