Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowed In

Well, if my camera were working properly, I would have loads of pictures to share of our snow storm. I think, today, we had at least a foot, maybe more (and I'm not exaggerating this time), of snow. It was like the time my family got snowed in on Beaver Mountain, well, almost. Ben shovelled our walks at least two times today trying to keep the snow from piling up too badly, but there is still a ton of snow. We have three windows in our great room that are pretty high up. Our walls are almost 18 feet and the windows I'm referring to are on the top section, probably at least 16 feet up. Anyway, Ben and I looked up at the windows and it looked like a snow globe that had been shaken up! There were huge flakes of snow whirling around. It was really beautiful. Luckily, we didn't have to go anywhere. And, I don't know how anyone without four wheel drive could. So, we stayed in and made sugar cookies and decorated them. The kids went out and played in the snow for quite awhile with Ben. They started to build an igloo.

The funniest thing happened. Our neighbor boy, who is probably close to 12 years old, is the most helpful and kindest neighbor of all. He is always looking for opportunities to serve. There is an elderly couple who live across the street from us and they have a pretty large drive. It was piling up with snow, so Landon decided to go scrape it for them. He began by scraping a long line up the right side of the drive. About half way up his path, he fell to the ground on his back and just laid there. Ben and I were watching from our office window the entire time, laughing and knowing he was never going to finish by himself. So, he laid there for at least five minutes, jumped up, picked up his shovel and walked home. Not ten minutes later, he was back and after maybe 2 shovels, he collapsed to the ground again. This time, when he left, he never returned. So, the poor neighbors, are trapped in their house. I guess we could go shovel it for them, but, really,that would be a way too nice and neighborly thing to do!!! ; ) Instead, maybe we'll call one of our neighbors with a snow plow attached to their 4-wheeler or one of the neighbors with a snow blower to go over there.

Oh, and one more thing . . . where are all the snow plows? Not one showed up in our neighborhood today! Crazy!

1 comment:

Pete and Shanna Nielsen said...

They waited till 6 or so. Isn't this crazy. I love it. Yet again someone plowed this time my drive way. Glad you had Ben home to do it for you I am sure it was no small job.