We are going to have a Birthday Tea Party for Elise this next week and I'm trying to think up some cute take home craft ideas they can do. I have a teapot or teacup cookie cutter so I thought for one activity we could decorate our teapot sugar cookies. But I can't think of any other activity to do. Well, I had one other idea - getting some cheap straw hats and some silk flowers and stuff to decorate the hats with. (The girls were instructed to wear their dress-ups) And, I forgot to mention, we will be painting nails and possibly putting some make-up on the girls too.
Do any of you have any cute suggestions for a craft activity for a 6 year old birthday party?
And, do you have any cute food ideas too?
Here are my ideas so far for food . . .
- Hannah Montana birthday cake (I know, this isn't really tea party-ish but she really wants a cake with HM on top)
- Peanut Butter/Jelly sandwiches cut into shapes
- Strawberries and Bananas to dip in chocolate
- Other desserts like brownies and the sugar cookies we will decorate.
- I could make some scones too probably. That would be good. I don't know!
My creative juices aren't flowing very well!
3 comments:
Idea: placemat purses are fun and cheap, target has dollar placemats, then some ribbon and fake flowers, and a couple sewing machines and glue guns, I have a sewing machine...
The party sounds fun! Mosie is looking forward to it!
Jena
The hat idea was my first thought too. They will love that. Here is a quick time filler. Show them how to make paper fans. You can go all out will tons of lace and stuff or you can just do crayons and fold them accordion style. My girls loved to have cheese and lunch meat cut out with those mini cookie cutters so they could build there own lunchables with crackers. I think you can get the cutters at any craft store.
I don't know why you are stressing. You have more planned than I ever have. It sounds awesome already. I do love Tami's idea. That's easy and fun.
Post a Comment