Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Birthday Party!

Sorry for 3 blog posts in one day and another yesterday, but there is so much going on!

I'm sure you're all dying to know how the party went! I was a little stressed today cause my house was a complete and utter disaster this morning when I woke up. So, I had to clean, decorate the table, pick through my teacups to find the unbroken ones, praying the whole time that there would at least be 8 whole cups and saucers, and prepare the food, but I think it was a success. The girls seemed to really enjoy themselves. They were quite the little ladies. Well, I did have to explain to them that ladies sipped their tea not guzzled it because a couple downed a cup in 1 second and asked for a refill. (Refills are ok, mind you, but they need to learn how to be ladies, right?!)

Here are the results from our night of fun!

The not so fancy birthday cake. I did not have time to make the Hannah Montana cake that I planned to make. So, this was last minute. It worked, I guess!


The table setting


Beginning to make the hats. I had a hard time finding a straw hat, but this one worked ok. Not exactly what I envisioned but oh well. The girls really seemed to enjoy decorating them!


The Finished product! What cute girls, eh?! They decorated their hats so beautifully!


Enjoying a cup of tea! (Orange and Red Kool-Aid!) They also ate pbj triangles, ham roll ups, cheese cubes, chocolate dipped strawberries, bananas and creme puffs . . . and birthday cake!


Blowing out the candles!


Opening presents. She really made out like a bandit! Thanks to all her friends who brought her such great gifts! She loves ALL of them!


And, last but definitely not least, thanks to Jena and Rachel for helping me today. I don't think I could've done it without them! I also enjoyed the girls night with you. You both are so awesome! I really, really like you both! Thanks again!

11 comments:

Connie said...

Wow- you did a great job! Looks like fun!

Mubeen said...

Happy Birthday Elise! Wow, what a party! You're one cool mom Court!!!

Nicole said...

You throw one DARLING Tea Party! It looks like it turned out perfect and the girls all seem to have perma grins on their faces. Happy B-day Elise!

Jason & Claire said...

You did such a great job. I love your table and chairs. The whole party looks wonderful. I might be checking this post for ideas in the future.

CKB said...

That is such a fun idea. I am trying to come up with something fun and creative for Stella's b-day, we may have to copy you.

Tibi said...

Hey this is Connie's sister, I just had a question about the cutest blog backgrounds. I got a background but in the top left-hand corner there is a little box that says something like "cutest blog backgrounds" is there a way to hide it so it cant be seen?

BallerinaBiker said...

I don't know if there is a way to hide it or not. I don't think so though. Mine, for some reason, doesn't show that label. I think the designer is trying to do some free advertising on her free backgrounds.

Sorry I'm no help!

Jena said...

Thanks for having us, this was a fun party, and the impromptu girls night was so much fun, it was fun to get to know you both!

Moab had a blast!

Jena

Emily Leininger said...

FUN! I wish I were there. I can't wait to do stuff like that with Camille.

laura said...

it looks like the party was so much fun. i am in nevada trying to help my mother organize. she claims everything i want to throw away has sentimental value. i admit i was a little sad when i broke one of our billion tea cups and threw it away.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it turned out great! The hats are so darn cute! I love table too. Maybe you should help me with my parties.