My friend told me about this smoothie last night and I tried it this morning - YUMMY! And, best of all, it's super healthy for you! If you've ever bought the Odwalla SuperFood (Green juice) drink at Costco, it tastes a lot like it!
Here is the recipe:
1 apple (I did not peel the apple - just cored it)
1 banana
1 handful of spinach
1/2 c water
1/2 c orange juice (you don't have to use OJ, but it does sweeten a little)
Blend in a blender until it's smooth. It is rather thick, but you can add a little more water or a little more OJ to solve that. Makes about 2 cups-ish. Ben and I split it. You really can't taste the spinach, if you're worried about that. I tasted more apple and banana than spinach.
My boys even drank it and they kept saying it was yummy. It's one way to make sure your kid is getting some greens. I told them it was Super Food and that Super Heroes drink it!
Sorry no pics . . . but if I remember the next time I make it, I will take a picture for you!
4 comments:
yummy! That really does sound delish! Chad and I are always making smoothies during the summer. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I happen to stumble onto your blog and looked at it because I had to see who this biker/ballerina was! I cannot believe it was you!!! Way too cool! So glad to see that you are well and have such a gorgeous family! And I am feeling my age seeing how grown up your niece is! I remember her following us around all the time! Take care! Jenn Alderete
Healthy & YUMMY, I gotta try this! Thanks for the recipe,
I am glad it turned out and your kids liked it!
Post a Comment