Thursday, January 8, 2009
The Police
Today is just an ordinary day. The sky is a little cloudy and the air is freezing, but really just an ordinary day in a quiet, remote neighborhood. I got up off my tush to walk to my office to run some market comparables for work and I happened to look out my window. One cop had stopped in front of my door. I thought, "this is strange . . . why would a cop be at my door?" So, I kept watching and waiting to see if he was going to walk towards my house. Thank goodness, I was not breaking the law today, because he didn't come to my house. Instead, he got out and walked down the sidewalk to a group of teenagers that I couldn't see at first because my house was blocking my view. And just as he did this, two additional police rolled up. I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but they have separated the kids and are questioning them one by one, probably to see if their stories all correlate. My boys and I have been standing at the window watching for nearly twenty minutes! I don't know why having three police cars sitting outside our house is so thrilling, but it is! I'm suspicious and curious and I wish I could walk over and stand in the middle of the group to hear exactly what's going on. If they're blocking my drive, I should be allowed to do that, right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh I know the feeling. We had a life flight helicopter land in the middle of our neighborhood once. Two houses down. Now that really led to a lot of speculation and wonder.
I totally agree. You should be able to go stand in the middle and listen to every word! I could totally picture you sitting there with your nose to the window with your boys. I was laughing to myself. ;)
That would also be a very exciting event in our household. I think they should send out fliers explaining all the details of what happened. It's not fair otherwise.
Post a Comment