Thursday, September 11, 2008

Siesta

It's only 11:31 a.m., just had lunch, and now I'm so tired - ready for a Siesta! It really just isn't fair that we don't practice the siesta like other countries. Once, while traipsing through Madrid, Spain, around 1:00 p.m., I tried to go in a store to shop but it was closed due to the afternoon siesta. I admit, I was highly annoyed when I couldn't do anything for 2-3 hours while the shop keepers closed up to take a nap; however, now I see the wisdom in the siesta and wish we practiced it here. I could really use one right now!

6 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

I can't tell you how many times I have the same thing. It is irritating but sometimes I think it would be awesome. I like how some countries get vcation months during the summer too. We should definitely do that!

Diane Owen said...

Amen sister!!

Camie said...

How funny! A co-worker and I were just talking about this very thing on Monday. We're such a work, work , work nation that we drive ourselves crazy. I was telling this girl I work with that we as a society would be a much healthier and happier people if we all went home for atwo hour break during the day. Yeah-we wouldn't get paid as much, but the benefits of it would be priceless. Maybe I can work on convincing my employer to extend our lunch breaks. :0)

Martine said...

Even if the siesta was practiced here in America, would your kids all nap at the same time? That's my problem. I would take a nap every day if my kids would all nap at the same time. Someday they will be old enough that I can lock myself in my room and sleep the day away...ha ha right!

Alane said...

Lesha is doing good today. She wanted me to update her blog but her email address isn't working so I posted an update on mine.

Jenn said...

That is the BEST IDEA in the world!!