Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Austenland Book Club

Jena, our Host and my friend, planned a fabulous night out at her house in celebration of Austenland by Shannon Hale. Because the book is a Jane Austem fantasy/romance fulfillment, Jena planned a dress up Jane Austen book club night, doing all things Austen. I felt like I was back in high school with all of my bestest and dearest childhood/teenage friends having a tea party! I am so lucky to have found another group of kindred spirits in my book club!


Official Invitation


The Ladies of Rivertown


Angela (as a feminist), YuFen, Me and Kristi


Hair


Musical Number - Stacey sang a beautiful rendition of a Regency song, accompanied by Angela.


Table Setting


Roast


Trifle


Stacey and Angela (Angela had an awesome hair style!)


Me and Trenda


In addition to our fabulous night, a few of my friends and I are carrying on the Austen theme for the next 6 months by reading all of her books. If you would like to join us in our reading, we are reading Emma first. Don't worry, I'm only on chapter 5, so you can still begin. I plan to post a blog entry on a book discussion for Emma where we can all comment.

6 comments:

Martine said...

How much fun. That looks like my kind of party. I love the costumes and the place settings. Maybe I'll have to read Emma and then look at your blog about it.

Diane Owen said...

I'm so jealous! That looks like so much fun! I just recently finished reading all of Austen...including one story that's not widely known. It was fun, but sort of hard to read them all in a row...They are great though!

Connie said...

That looks like fun! It's fun to have a reason to dress up!

Stacey said...

Q: You have the best book club ever! How do I join?

A: Just read the books and start coming!

;)

Jena said...

This was one of the best nights ever!

I am so glad everyone had a great time!

-Jena

Emily Leininger said...

Fun!