We left, last minute, to St George last weekend to visit and help my mom out. As you know, she bought a townhouse there and is busy upgrading and renovating. She called me up and begged for me to come help her paint! So, we drove on down. She is going for a beach feel in her house and I LOVE the paint we chose! She did a sand color on the majority of the walls and then we did an accent wall in blue. It's kind of an ocean blue - blue-ish green. I really, really, really like it! My mom kept saying, "I can't believe I painted a wall blue -- I never would've thought I would paint a wall blue!" The inspiration came from the cover of a book I was reading. We took it along with us to the paint store to pick out the color. The color palette was perfect and it worked with all of my mom's ocean scenes that she already has. Her house feels warm and breezy. Perfect! Sorry I forgot to take pics; however, I will once we finish getting all the furniture in and decorated.
While we were there, we swam in her pool. I got so sunburned! We went out around 2 p.m. which is part of the worst time of the day to go swimming. I swam around for around 45 minutes then got out and laid down on a lawn chair/chaise. My white thighs were a sun magnet! I am lobster red and itchy. It was well worth it! My first sunburn of the season! It reminded me of the days when I lifeguarded. I always got burned the first day or two, then it turned into a nice golden tan!
My kids love the water! I was thinking I need to sign Elise up for the swim team. I'm probably too late this summer but next year, for sure! She is a natural.
Today was officially Elise's last day of Kindergarten. She is now a big 1st grader! I asked her how her last day went and she perked right up and told me all about her "field day." Can I tell you how happy I am that school is out?! I am so tired of getting up early and rushing back 3 hours later to pick her up! YAY!
3 comments:
I am excited to see pictures of your mom's place when it is done. It sounds so peaceful. How fun for you to go help her paint. It sounds great. You did always have a great tan!
Fun post, I would love to see pictures! Painting is so much fun, I love how a little color can transform the feel of a home!
Lets find out about the swim team, sounds like Moab and Elise have something in common! Moab will jump in a pool with nothing but a snorkel and goggles and swim endlessly with no assistance! She will be excited to know that Elise shares this passion for swimming!
Talk to you soon!
Jena
I would love to see pictures as well. I'm glad you got to go down and help and think of all the fun in the future visiting St. George!
Post a Comment