Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Independence Day!

Happy 4th, Everyone! I know, I'm a bit late in posting, but we have had a busy last week! I absolutely LOVE 4th of July! It ranks high on my list of favorite holidays! I love America and I love celebrating this wonderful, free country we are so blessed to be citizens of. Travelling outside the country a few times, even to other first world countries, I realized there's nothing like America! I can see why everyone wants to be here.

We felt like we were on vacation all last week! Our main activities took place on Friday and Saturday though.

Friday, we woke up early and headed over to our city "Town Days" for a Chuckwagon Breakfast. We had eggs, ham, hash browns, pancakes and chocolate milk. It was not the best breakfast, but for $2, we felt it was worth the money! Then, we walked around the exhibits, did some bouncing and bought some bows. After spending all our money, we headed to Thanksgiving Point.

I am sad I didn't bring my camera to T.P. because we just had a ball. We arrived around 10 a.m., and the place was practically empty. My kids enjoyed a pony ride for at least 5 minutes or more. Usually, they walk around in a circle like 2, maybe 3, times, but they kept going and going and going! I was beginning to wonder if it would ever end! The kids just love T.P. They fed the animals and petted some too! We saw pigs, cows, ducks, chickens, goats, sheep, llamas . . . and a peacock with its feather's spread. So cool!

We came back and took a rest before we headed to Ben's brother's house. They live in a cul de sac and have the perfect setting for lighting off fireworks. We hung out until it was time to light our firecrackers! I think we got in around 11:30 p.m. My kids were sooooo tired!

Kids enjoying our fireworks. Ben's nephew, who is 8, was privilaged to light most of the fireworks. He thought he was so big and so cool!


Saturday turned out to be just as busy. With a baby shower in the morning, basketball in the afternoon and a BBQ in the evening, we were spent! Ben's same brother invited us all over to his house for a feast and slippin' slide fun!
Ben, Rich, Maria at the BBQ, Matthew, Ben and Arianne, Steve & Brooke


Ben decided to try out the Slippin' Slide! He was so hot from just playing ball that he cooled himself off a bit! It was pretty funny!
Elise (who was mad that I brought her "princess" swim suit - I thought all 6 year olds still like princesses - apparently NOT!), Ben, Matthew, Andrew


Fireworks Show #2! Ben's sister brought some fireworks to the BBQ. The kids loved the sparklers! And, AJ & Tom loved lighting all of them off! Jordan is also so cute! He has the biggest, bluest eyes!


So, that was our weekend! We had a ball! Can't wait for Pioneer Day now!

5 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

What a blast!! I feel the same way you do about our amazing country. Every time I go to another country I get teary-eyed when I fly back over American soil. I know, what a sap!

I was laughing so hard at that picture of Elise upset that she had a princess swimsuit at 6! She looks almost as dramatic as Anneliese.

PS- Anneliese's name was about a day away from being Isabella Elise and I think Elise's name is Elise Isabel. Great minds think alike!!

BallerinaBiker said...

It's Elise Isabella! How funny! We both have great taste!

Camie said...

How much fun! I'm with ya on the great holiday that the 4th of July is!! It so much fun to be with family and friends celebrating this great nation. It look like you had tons of fun!

Trenda said...

We'll have to do the town days next year! That sounds like fun. So, what goes on around here on Pioneer day? I've never celebrated that before! What are you doing on Friday? We should do something if you aren't busy. Oh, and I got a flyer for a neighborhood breakfast at huron park on sat. at 8:00am. Are you going to that?

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

so fun! You are so lucky to have so much family close to celebrate with and they are such good people! I bet its always a party when you get together!