Yesterday morning at 5:45, our grandpa, Harry Davis passed in his sleep. Harry married my grandma, Anne, over 30 years ago. Together, they square danced and watched lots of sports, and rescued dogs!
Some of my fondest childhood memories include Harry and Grandma Anne. They lived in California until the late 80's when they settled in Pahrump, Nevada.
When they came to visit, Harry always let my sister, Leanna, and I comb and style his hair. We looked forward to decorating his head with lots of bows and barrettes!
I'm sure I ate my first prime rib dinner with Harry and Anne because they always invited us to eat at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas and we always had prime rib. I was taught at a young age that the end cut is the best!
I also won my first Keno game underage with Harry. Every time we went to eat at the Golden Nugget, he let us fill out a Keno card and he would pay for the game. Lucky me, I won!
Harry and Anne were two of the most generous and kind hearted people I knew. Every time we came to visit, they made sure all our needs were met. Grandma french braided our hair and made us yummy food and grandpa had fun activities for us.
Harry will be missed, but we are so happy he is reunited with his sweetheart.
2 comments:
That was a really beautiful tribute. I'm very sorry to hear about his passing. You're in my thoughts and prayers!
That was sweet. He sounds like a great person. Especially a good sport to let you and your sister decorate his hair! I used to do that to my mom.
Post a Comment