Monday, March 10, 2008

Good Things

A New Favorite Color

Although orange is and will forever be my favorite color, I absolutely love lime green! I love how Pottery Barn and other home furnishings and decor stores are incorporating this sassy color. I was looking at my brown walls on either side of my fireplace last night thinking I need a splash of color -- what better color than lime green!


A New Book

I started a new series. For all Jane Austen fans, these are must reads.

Fitzwilliam Darcy: A Gentleman
by Pamela Aiden
There are 3 books in the series. I finished the 2nd today and am beginning the 3rd today. They are good. It is fun to read Darcy's perspective on Pride and Prejudice. The 2nd book kind of drags on and on, but I'm looking forward to the 3rd book where he and Elizabeth finally get together. Yes, it takes 3 books to tell the same story Austen told in 1. But, Aiden adds to the story and unfolds the mystery of Darcy in a delightful and addictive manner.
A New Day
We had a delightful weekend with Daddy home. We made a day trip to Pocatello, Idaho. For those of you who are from Pocatello, I am truly sorry. It was a dreary, depressed town in the middle of nowhere. I hope I never return! Unfortunately, we travelled on a dismal day with much precipation. Perhaps a clear blue sky with the sun shining would make the place more desirable, but I doubt it!
We went up and back on Saturday morning. Later that evening, we left the kids with a baby-sitter and went out. And, Sunday was even better. Matthew has reached the peak of terrible two's and Ben was there to help out and share some of the burden during sacrament. AHHH!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I also love orange and lime green (not together). I was thinking of painting my laundry room either one so that doing laundry would seem more enjoyable, but it might not be good for resale. Haha- not that we're going anywhere soon.You need to post some pictures of you paint jobs- I want to see the red window!

Emily Leininger said...

I think lime green looks really cute with a little bit of orange accents.
I want to see pics if you paint. Pottery Barn has a paint chips.