Friday, March 27, 2009
You may be wondering . . .
Why I haven't added more jogging miles this week. No, I haven't given up. I've just had a little hiccup in my plan. I've had a shoulder injury that I haven't gotten treatment on for about 2-ish years. And, after starting out a little harder than I should've, the pain in my neck, shoulder and back has made it impossible for me to exercise. After three days at the chiropractor, I'm feeling a bit better. (Did I mention, the chiropractor lectured me on running, period?) Anyway, I guess I've learned that my 30 year old, out of shape body, is not able to perform like my 18 year old body once did - although mentally, I still feel like I'm capable. I have to start slow, I guess. I am rather discouraged. Very discouraged, actually. I'm trying to get better so that I can start training again - only this time, I plan to take it a little slower, starting with speed walking. The rest of my body feels ok, but I think the stress from jarring my joints manifested itself in my previous injuries. So, that's that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear you! I hope your shoulder feels better soon - I'm sure all years cheering and lifting didn't help! Feel better soon - oh, if I were there I would totally help with laundry - I love folding clothes!
Hey Courtney...sorry to hear about your shoulder. When I read about you running a marathon I was impressed. I wished I could run, since elementary school it has always been something that just didn't suit me. Well I hope it gets better and Good Luck.
Melissa
Post a Comment