I can't believe I'm putting this on my blog, but after my friend asked, I decided I'm pledging to run a 1/2 marathon in August! Training doesn't start until May. But I have to be able to run 3 miles comfortably by then.
So, today, was my first day of running. And, I ran 2.2 miles. I could've gone longer, but it was all I had time for today. And, I didn't just run the 2.2 miles at a steady pace, I sprinted part of it, raised my incline for part of it, etc., trying to shake things up a bit, confuse my muscles. A trainer once told me to do that.
I'm just really proud of myself right now! : )
I'm going to keep a daily (or somewhat daily) log of my running miles. Hopefully, by posting it to the world, I'll be able to keep it up and stay motivated.
Why am I going to run a 1/2 marathon you ask?
Well, I've always wanted to run a 1/2 marathon (and a full marathon too), and partly, I got coerced into running it. (Probably my friend will deny that she coerced me because she really didn't - she suggested it and happily, I agreed! CRAZY ME! But at least I'll have a buddy to run with on the big day. And she is flying in from Texas special for this race, so I'll do it!)
Anyway, if anyone else wants to join me in this adventure, email me and I'll send you the specifics!
7 comments:
YAY!!! Good luck! You will do a great job!
Good for you. Please keep us posted. Hopefully you're not too sore or tired tomorrow.
great start!
Wow, that's awesome! I can't run or else I would do it with you. I have to stick to non impact like the elliptical b/c of me knee. But Good luck!! :-)
W-O-W! I am impressed! Keep it up, hot mama!
Yes! I'm glad I'm so persuasive! Soon, you'll be able to run three miles as easily as you can walk. I'm so proud of you. We're going to be so strong in a few months.
That's a good idea to do the running log... I think I'll do that too.
Post a Comment