THE RULES:
1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB, find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDB search functions. That's cheating and it ruins the fun.
(P.S. Some of the quotes I picked are not as common as others - just trying to make it a little harder! I did post this in my notes on Facebook, but I thought it was too fun and had to post it here. As you can tell, I have nothing better to post about - that's why all the random posts!)
1. My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes. That's a sentence I read once and I say it over to comfort myself in these times that try the soul. (Stacey, Anne of Green Gables)
2. So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday. (Camie, The Notebook)
3. I am determined that nothing but the deepest love could ever induce me into matrimony. (Lesha, Pride & Prejudice (A&E version))
4. She's wonderful! Where ever did you find her?
Him: 976-BABE. (Lesha, Pretty Woman)
5. Can he love her? Can the soul be really be satisfied with such polite affections? To love is to burn - to be on fire, like Juliet or Guinevere or Eloise... (Lesha, Sense & Sensibility)
6. Her: Not porno tongue. Church tongue.
Him: [laughing] Church tongue, I like that.
(Stacey, The Wedding Singer)
7. Her: True or False: All's fair in love and war.
Him: True.
Her: Great answer.
Him: Good question!
(Lesha, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days)
8. Someday you'll find a man, a good man, and you'll love him, and marry him, and live and die for him. And I'll be hanged if I stand by and watch. (Lesha, Little Women)
9. I have to get this right, It's a buisness proposition. I have some £15,000. It is lying in the bank at present, earning very little interest. Now, my financial advisors tell me that if you were to take this money and use it to run ********, you could give me a much better rate of interest. So you see, it is only a buisness matter, you'd not be obliged to me in any way. It is you who would be doing . . . me the service. (Connie, North & South (BBC mini-series))
10. Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you. (Stacey, Dirty Dancing)
11. Tower, this is Ghost rider requesting a flyby.
That's a negative Ghost rider, the pattern is full.
(Lesha, Top Gun)
12. I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
Lesha, Notting Hill
13. Does everybody have a moving buddy?
Moving buddy? You can't be serious.
I didn't know we had to have one already.
[holding his left arm in his right hand] Do we have to hold hands?
[All laugh]
(I'm going to give this to Stacey 'cause she's really close. Toy Story - not Toy Story 2)
14. I do ballet because it has nothing to do with the people. Give me tiaras and boys in tights any day. (Stacey, Center Stage)
15. How are you this evening, my dear?
Her: Very well... although I wish you would not call me "my dear."
Him: [chuckles] Why?
Her: Because it's what my father always calls my mother when he's cross about something.
Him: What endearments am I allowed?
Her: Well let me think...”*****" for every day, "My Pearl" for Sundays, and...”Goddess Divine"...
but only on *very* special occasions.
Camie, Pride & Prejudice (Keira Knightly)
16. When I say go, we go. But don't let Frank catch yeh. Go! (Connie, Cars)
17. Francesca.
Yes?
I am going to make love all over you!
Okay.
18. Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success. (Lesha, Jerry McGuire)
19. Her: How old are you?
Him: Seventeen.
Her: How long have you been seventeen?
Him: A while.
(Lesha, Twilight)
20. Her: I wanted to thank you for the beautiful drawing you did of me.
[through gritted teeth]
It's hanging in my *bedroom*.
Him: Really? It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It's probably the
best drawing I've ever done.
Her: Yeah... it's really... neat.
(Stacey, Napoleon Dynamite)
***I gave the answer to the first one who posted it!
10 comments:
Okay, here I go.
#3 Pride & Prejudice
#4 Pretty Woman
#5 Sense & Sensibility
#7 How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
#8 Little Women
#10 I KNOW I know this one!!!
#11 Top Gun
#12 Notting Hill? Julia Roberts, I think
#18 Jerry McGuire?
#19 TWILIGHT!
Fun!
I know too many, and am I only supposed to guess on one? That's a fun idea... and I will let other's guess since i knew about 80% of them. :-)
I'm at work so have to make this fast. I didn't have time to rack my brain so I', only going with the ones I know I know.
#3-Pride & Prejudice
#5-Sense $ Sensibility
#7-How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days
#11 Top Gun
#12-Knotting Hill
#15-Pride & Prejudice w/Kiera Knightly
I know Iknow more, but I don't have the time to figure them out.
This was a fun out Courtney! Thanks
Holy Cow...I can't type when I'm in a hurry. I meant this was a fun one...not a fun out. Sorry!
I'm guessing #2 is The Notebook
1- No one else in the world can be as dramatic as Anne ;)
2- The Notebook
3- Pride and Prejudice (BBC Version...and the others too)
4- Pretty Woman
5- Sense and Sensibility
6- The Wedding Singer
7- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
8- Little Women (oh Laury!)
9- AH ha, googled this one, but since I didn't know it and I have never watched it...I won't tell!
10- Dirty Dancing!
11- Never seen this one
12- Notting Hill!
13- Toy Story 2
14- I'm going to guess Center Stage, cause that's the only Ballet movie I have seen!
15- Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightly version)
16- Ha ha, googled this one too!
17- No idea, and I can't find it on google either!
18- Didn't know this one...
19- HECK YA BABY! ;) For those of you who read Courtney's blog and don't know I am the BIGGEST Twilight fan in the world. ;) No seriously, I am!
20- Napolean Dynamite
So fun! When I have time I'll have to do this one! You have some good ones!
Come on, Sara! We need your answers! : )
This is really a fun one! I stayed up till two a.m. on the imdb.com looking up quotes!
Aw, man, How did I miss this post? I am LATE! But #9 is North and South, right? and #14 is Cars.
I meant #16 for Cars!
This is a fun one. Lesha's good!
Post a Comment