Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, And try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy and paste into your blog and change the answers so they apply to you. No pressure, this is just for fun! Merry Christmas!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Well, I prefer to wrap; however, when I'm being lazy I use gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, although I'm beginning to see the advantages of artificial (1. No watering 2. No brown ready to burn down your house by dec 25 tree 3. No vacuuming needles for weeks after Christmas)
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving; however, I still haven't gotten ours up yet.
4. When do you take the tree down? If it's real, immediately after Christmas. I'm truly afraid it's going to catch fire!
5. Do you like egg nog? Absolutely NOT! YUCK! Never have liked it, never will. I've even tried to like it for the idea of liking egg nog. I've tried adding 7-up to it and even doing half milk, half eggnog. I still can't tolerate it. Sorry guys! Hate to ruin the Christmas party!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Geez . . . I don't know. I was very blessed with bountiful Christmas' as a child. I do remember getting a walkman once with a Cindy Lauper tape and I remember putting the headset on and singing to Cindy, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" I'm sure I sounded really pretty too with headphones on - which reminds me of a game Brannon, Emily, Leming and I played really late one night - singing to the walkman and letting everyone laugh at us! We were crazy!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a couple of them.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Ben's mom. She never likes anything anyone buys her! So, I always try to buy her something I would like hoping she'll give it back to me if she doesn't like it. That never happens though. I think Ben's sister, Sherrie, ends up with all the rejects!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids- they like everything!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!
11. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I received my first Barbie when I was like 13 from my Grandma! (My mom didn't like Barbies and didn't buy them for us)
13. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Story
14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm thinking all year long. I really like online shopping though - it works especially well for kid presents. They come in a box and you put them right in your storage room! I'm pretty tricky.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peanut Brittle and Lemon Bars (2 desserts my Aunt Kathy always made)
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Sleigh Ride, Chestnuts Roasting on an open fire, I'll be home for Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Hmmm. . . I like to be home for Christmas wherever that may be - whether it's home in my own home or home in my mom's home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I grew up having an angel on the tree, but every angel I have purchased never seems to sit straight like the one my mom had. Star is ok, I guess.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open 1 gift Christmas Eve - always pajamas and the rest in the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic and Long lines
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love red and anything that shines - picks up light.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Ben to be home for Christmas and a new ipod.
1 comment:
That's funny! I remember that game. Are you going home for Christmas? I'll be there the 20th - 4th.
Post a Comment