Our Christmas turned out to be really nice. Not the same as waking up on the "real" Christmas morning but nice all the same. The kids woke up at 3:45 a.m.! Elise came running in, "Mom, Dad, Santa came! He brought me a Barbie guitar!" We both told Elise to go back to bed. . . it's not time for presents yet! We heard Andrew up not 5 minutes later and both of them were giggling and dumping out their stockings. Ben and I screamed from our bedroom - GO BACK TO BED! GO SLEEP IN ELISE'S ROOM! We heard them go in there, then we heard them go downstairs. Finally at 6, we got up and unwrapped gifts. Andrew brought up a couple from the basement that he already opened. What silly kids! We had a lovely time!
At around 3 p.m., Ben loaded up and took off for Texas. Andrew did not take it so well. He cried and cried and cried and cried. Then when Ben pulled away, we all broke down. I looked around at my messy house and had a lonely, sinking feeling. So, I packed up and left for Logandale! We have been here since Thursday! My mom had a family Christmas party yesterday which was wonderful! And, we'll be here till Wed or Thurs. We have to be back for the Nielsen family party on Friday.
3 comments:
Hi Courtney! I am so glad you left a little note on my blog. I have actually already taken a peak at yours :). I saw the link on Emily's and could not resist. You should read what Tamara has to say about the blogging world. It is pretty funny. It is nice to see what other people are up to. Your babies are so cute. Merry Christmas!
Yay! I'm so glad that you had a nice Christmas! Let me know if you need to chat while you're hubby is away! :0)
Im glad you guys had a great Christmas. It sounded like fun. I can't believe your kids got up so early & started opening gifts!! I was laughing. I don't think growing up any of my brothers and sisters ever got up before 7am. My parents always laughed because they said they thought Christmas must have been a disappointment every year since we were never excited to wake up early. We were never disappointed, just lazy & tired!!
Post a Comment