Sunday, August 2, 2009

Improvement

I've come to the conclusion that there are only two real areas that I need a lot of improvement. I'm not saying I don't need some improvement in other areas, but these two need A LOT of improvement.

First and foremost, I need to lose at least 20 pounds, ideally, 40. It's been almost 4 years since I had my baby and I still haven't lost the weight. I just can't seem to focus long enough to stick to a plan. Part of the reason is I'm just plain lazy. I don't want to put forth the effort and wish that it would just naturally come off. Unfortunately, that plan isn't working for me. And I think the other reason is fear. I think, "I just bought some new clothes. If I lose weight, then I'll have wasted all this money and I'll need to buy more new clothes." And, then, when I give myself my own psychoanalysis, I think that this extra bit of weight is kind of like a protective sweater or a shield, something to hide behind so I don't have to really get close to anyone, so I can get lost in the crowd. And that part is working.

The other real area I need improvement in is ORGANIZATION. I am so un-organized! My house isn't that messy, but my life is unorganized in so many ways. I'm sort of a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl. I make appointments and never write anything down. Instead, I say it a couple of times to myself and hope I'll remember. Sometimes I do write things down, but I never go back to the calendar to check what I've written down. So, really, that's sort of pointless. To go into all the ways I need organizational improvement might end up kind of depressing, so I'm going to end there. I just wish I were Born Organized - that's all. HELP! (But, I really don't want anyone telling me what to do either 'cause that irritates me and I won't do it at all. I just need encouragement and a place to vent, that's all!)

I especially need to figure this out very soon - befor Aug 10th, when I start my new high school teaching job. Kids will also be starting school too, so there will be work stuff, kid's homework, kid's activities/lessons/sports, wifey stuff and me stuff. How do I do it all?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Aw, Court! I know you can do it. One great thing about you, you've always accomplished whatever you put your mind to. I'll be cheering you on the whole way!

Sariah said...

We all go through things like this at times. You just need to figure out what works the best for you. Everyone is different. Just hang in there. You can do it.

T Rex Mom said...

We all have these areas to improve. If we did, what would we be doing in this life to learn and grow.

If you make something a priority, you will make it happen - I know you can!

Mubeen said...

I agree with the others. We all have areas we need to improve on. We should keep one another in check on this weight loss thing!