Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Courtney-ism

Ok, so while we were driving on our road trip, I asked Ben, "Is it bad to want to plan your own funeral because I have mine all mapped out?!" I'm not superstitious, I promise. Ben and I were married on Friday, the 13th, for crying out loud! But, the thing is, I think about these things every now and again. I have specific instructions for Ben if I die young and different instructions if I die old. Because, see, those are two very different kinds of funerals. But, there is definitely at least one commonality I want done at both - I really want Clair de Lune played at my funeral I love that song. I asked Ben if it was an appropriate funeral song and he thought it was.

8 comments:

Humanist mom said...

I want Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon played at my funeral.

T Rex Mom said...

I think we all contemplate such things once in a while. Unfortunately we've attended quite a few funerals recently (all our grandparents seem to be passing at the same time) and it has really made me think about how I want things.

I think Debussy is an awesome choice in about 70 years!

Camie said...

Everyone has thought about their funeral,the songs and the entire program. It's totally normal in a morbid way. :)

Stacey said...

You're too funny. But it isn't abnormal I think. I think of these things a lot when I am at other funerals. What will mine be like? What would I want ro music and flowers? What would I want people to say?

Martine said...

You're so funny thinking about your funeral. I always think about dying young but never think about the funeral. Clair de lune is one of my favorite songs and I think it would be great at a funeral...just hopefully not yours anytime soon:)

Brynnly and Alan said...

I am so much like you! I think it's smart to let your loved ones know what you want at your funeral. I think it makes it easier for them. We don't know when we will die. I guess I watch too much 48 Mystery. Haha! You just never know when it will be your time. I've even told Alan what to do with my clothes, journals, etc... Maybe we are weird but at least their lives will be easier if it were to happen. :)

Jason & Claire said...

That's one of my favorite songs. Don't worry, I have my songs picked out too!

T Rex Mom said...

I left you an award on my blog - T Rex Mom and Dad Tales. Check it out!