
In my 9th grade English class, we're finishing up our unit on Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. My favorite part is watching the Baz Luhrmann adaptation of the play starring Leonardo diCaprio and Claire Danes. We're to the part where Mercutio and Tybalt die. I just can't get enough!
In my English 11 class, we've just started Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I don't know why, but I'm not very excited about it. I'm trying to be. My lack of motivation probably roots from my students lack of motivation. The magical question is, how does one motivate 11th graders who don't want to do anything ever?
Now, my AP class, on the other hand, is a dream come true. We're finishing our Jane Eyre unit. The best part about AP is they like to read, they do their homework, and they write well, and . . . I could go on and on. They are kindred spirits. Next week, we're going to have a Jane Austen marathon. I can't wait to introduce one of my favorite authors to some of my favorite students. #Happiness.
3 comments:
There is no cure for apathy. But, they are fortunate to have you as their teacher. Just do what you can and if you can impact just one person, you've done your part.
That paticular film is one of my favorite adaptations of Romeo and Juliet. Your class is so lucky to be watching it and tp have you as their teacher.
Thanks, Ladies! :)
Post a Comment