Monday, January 24, 2011

Geez, has it really been that long?!

It's not as though I don't check my blog, but I just haven't had anything great to say. And, our life has been rather hectic . . . all starting with the beginning of a new school year. I went back to work. Elise started 3rd grade. Andrew started 1st grade, and Matthew started his 2nd year of pre-school. And, then Ben's heart attack in November was sort of the icing on the cake. We spent the holidays adjusting to new foods, doctor visits and prescriptions (try $200/month for the drugs).

Now that the new year has begun, I have learned to say NO to people. First off, I asked for a break in teaching at SLCC. Ben went back to work so I just couldn't handle doing what seems like everything. I still have cheer on my plate. That is nearly over. Feb 11, baby. Not that I don't enjoy cheer, but it consumes a large portion of my time. I really don't know what I'll do with myself come the middle of Feb. I'll have a ton of time to prep for my classes that I haven't had, and more time to kiss my babies.

5 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

You've been missed but totally understand - life can get busy and hectic. I'm proud of you for learning to say "No".

Amanda said...

You have been incredibly busy, you amazing woman! I'm glad that you posted, though. :)

Camie said...

Welcome back~ It's was good to get an update. Hope things start to slow down a little.

Connie said...

Nice to see you blogging again, but I totally get it. Blogging can be such a chore. Good for you for taking time for the most important things!

Cara said...

Holy COW! Ben had a heart attack? Sounds like he is doing well now, so glad to hear! I love all your family pictures! You guys are so cute! I hope your feeling good and taking it easy, now that cheer is over! :)