Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer

Wow! We're already into July, and I still can't believe it! June has flown by. I wish time could stop so I could enjoy more of my vacation. I'm not looking forward to going back to work at the school in mid-August. :/

But, here are some of the things we have done:

1) Swim Lessons -- I've been teaching lessons at our neighborhood pool and my kids are, of course, participating. Elise has really progressed this summer. She's going to try-out for the swim team next year - we just have to work on breast stroke.

2) Family Camp-out -- Annually, we camp out in Ben's parents backyard. We ate hot dogs and chicken, roasted mallows over the fire pit, and watched Alice in Wonderland outside on the side of the shed, slept on the hard ground, listened to the peacock whine next door, finally fell asleep, and woke to eggs, pancakes and bacon. It was definitely a night to remember.

3) Elise's Birthday -- Elise is 8! I can't even believe it. She has grown into a delightful little lady. She is kind and thoughtful and smart and beautiful! She loves to ride her bike and never wants to get out of the pool. She has lots of friends and plays really well (3/4 of the time) with her brothers. I just adore her and right now I'm missing her 'cause she's spending the week at my sister's house. Our house feels so lonely without our Elise.

4) Teaching at SLCC -- I'm teaching a section of Writing 990 at the college, and I'm really enjoying it. Summer term is always delightful. I enjoy the students and I feel at home at SLCC. It's been 4 years since I started teaching there.

5) Baptism -- Yep, Elise is officially a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Ben baptized and confirmed her. My mom and sister, Leanna, and her family came up to share the special day with Elise. And, mostly all of Ben's family came too.

6) Fourth of July Celebrations -- We swam at the pool and lit firecrackers in the street. It was freezing and windy, but we lit off most of them anyway! Mom and Leanna left on Sunday, then my other sister, Kim, knocked at my door. She is here staying with me for the week while her son is at EFY. Fun, fun, fun! I love all of the company!

Upcoming events:
California
Cheer Camp

4 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Wow! You are one busy person. I am truly amazed by all the wonderful things you do! Glad Elise had such a special day with all her family surrounding her.

Adam and Rachel said...

Wow! I can't believe Elise is 8! Sounds like a fun summer!

Jason & Claire said...

I can't believe Elise is 8! What a special day. It sounds like things are great. Serves you right!;)

Connie said...

Congrats on Elise's baptism! Everyone's kids are growing up so fast!