Saturday, May 2, 2009

Easy Dinner Idea & Andrew Turned 5!

I want to thank T-Rex Mom for giving me this idea - Boboli Pizza. She said she always has a Boboli pizza crust and sauce stored away for those days when she doesn't have much time or doesn't feel like putting on a full spread. I was at Costco today and they have Boboli crust w/sauce (2 crusts, 2 sauces) for about $5. I picked up the Mozzarella and pepperoni, had the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms already at home. I will follow T-Rex Mom's lead and keep all the necessary ingredients on hand in my pantry for lazy days! Here is my pre-cooked pizza and stuff I used. The kids and Dad liked it and ate it up! The sauce is ok. I have a pretty easy sauce recipe that I think tastes better - I will post after the pic along with a crust recipe for those of you who feel like pizza, but don't have a Boboli crust on hand!


Pizza Sauce
1 can 8 oz tomato sauce
1 can 6 oz tomato paste
1 t. oregano
1/2 t. thyme
3/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/8 t. garlic salt

Mix together and spread on pre-made pizza crust or pizza dough

Pizza Dough
In 2 1/2 c. warm water, add 2 T. sugar, 3 T. yeast - let activate

In mixing bowl,add:
3 c. flour
2 T. oil
1 T. salt
Yeast mixture
MIX
Add up to 3 more cups flour until dough texture is not sticky.

Roll out to pizza pan size or practice your dough flipping techniques, whichever you prefer. I like to cook my raw dough slightly (maybe 5 - 10 minutes) before adding my ingredients to make sure the dough cooks thoroughly.

Bake on 450 degrees. You know your pizza crust topped with your favorite ingredients is done when the cheese is melted, bubbly and light brown.

ANDREW

Last Saturday, Andrew turned 5! We celebrated his birthday at home with family.




Present #1: Bike. A very cool bike; however, it was just too big for him. He learned how to ride a 2 wheeler without training wheels about a month ago. We let him take his "new" bike back and let him choose if he wants another new bike or if he wants new toys instead. He said, he liked his "old" little bike and wants new toys. So this is what he picked out:


Nerf Rifle


Hot Wheels that Andrew so graciously let Matthew think is his!


Hot Wheels

5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT ANDREW:
1) He loves to smile! He was born smiling and always has a twinkle in his blue eyes!
2) He is just so nice! Occassionally, like every child, he has his moments, but for the most part, he is very loving. He hates it when his brother is sad or mad or both so he'll give up anything of his to make Matthew happy. He takes other littler kids under his wing and plays with them and makes them feel special.
3) He is awesome on his bike!
4) He loves to golf and concentrates so hard when his dad shows him how to properly swing the club.
5) his drawing ability. Andrew loves to draw and is very good too! When he was 3, he could draw better than his older sister! And he probably still can!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I love doing fast easy pizza at home! It costs so much less and can be a lot of fun to make!

Happy Birhtday Andrew! Wow I can't beleive he is five! It seems like only yesterday he was in my nursery class!

T Rex Mom said...

I'm so glad you like the Boboli idea - I'll have to check Costco for the pack. I'll try your sauce recipe too!

Happy birthday to Andrew - he sounds like a pretty sweet kid.

Take care!

The Noble Steeds said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! What a cutie you are!

Mubeen said...

Happy BELATED bday Andrew!! We love the premade crusts here. So easy and so yum.

Connie said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! I'd hate to get in the crossfire of that Nerf rifle! Looks like fun!